• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WebTIS down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adtrainz

Just been researching for a later trip on East Coast's booking engine, and have been given this:

"We apologise for the difficulties you're experiencing with making a booking on our site. We are doing all we can to resolve this as quickly as possible, so please check back regularly.

In the meantime, please browse the rest of our site for train times, information on our destinations."

Southern's booking engine also has the same message. Does anyone know the reason?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Right, when up and running again there will probably be some nice offers available ;)

TP

mullin

I've been trying to get some tickets booked this afternoon, was met whilst using the London Midland site with a message similar to 'This application has experienced a problem - please try again later', before the whole booking page packed in :(

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
I understand that a new interface for the NRE front-end will be introduced, some 'fixes' to routing anomalies by the addition of new Routing Points, improvements to London Terminals routing, and a simpler means of displaying 'Off Peak' availability on services displayed.

We'll have to wait and see which of these are successful this weekend.

Last edited:

All Line Rover

Established Member
Right, when up and running again there will probably be some nice offers available ;)

TP

Yes, I'm also waiting with interest. ;)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Some 'fixes' to routing anomalies by the addition of new Routing Points

Since WebTIS has been tightened so much almost all of the "anomalies" have disappeared. I don't know what's left for them to "fix!" I know of only one or two journeys where the routes offered are not documented in the Routeing Guide. I know of plenty of journeys where routes documented in the Routeing Guide are not offered.

Last edited:

Crossover

Established Member
I had noticed it had gone offline - I was using it for route planning this afternoon and it gave up as I searched for Bedford to Telford via Birmingham :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.