• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

weekday travel before 0900

Status
Not open for further replies.

P156KWJ

Established Member
Hi,
I'm off to Grimsby Town next Wednesday (not the most lovely of places) and there is a very slight problem, I have to start my journey before 0900, and I was wondering if anyone knew if you can still get cheap day or standard child singles between Nottingham and Grimsby at this time. Also, I think it's about a tenner after 9, but does anyone have a rough idea how much more it'll cost?
Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nym

Established Member
Before 0900, have a try at getting some AP tickets...

if you split at Sheffeild you might be able to get from Nottingham - Sheffeild - Grimsby Town, possibly all on AP tickets...

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Hi,
I'm off to Grimsby Town next Wednesday (not the most lovely of places)

Don't let Jordy hear you say that! ;)

Try the following:

STD Day Single Nottingham-Sheffield (£6)
TPE Advance Sheffield-Grismby (£2-£3.25 depending on which train you get)

P156KWJ

Established Member
Don't let Jordy hear you say that! ;)

Try the following:

STD Day Single Nottingham-Sheffield (£6)
TPE Advance Sheffield-Grismby (£2-£3.25 depending on which train you get)

don't really want to go via sheffield, can't be a***d really, and I wanted to do some filming at lincoln whilst I wait for a connection. And I've made arrangements with family already, I'm on a tight schedule lol. Would it make much difference splitting tickets at Newark or Lincoln?

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
don't really want to go via sheffield, can't be a***d really, and I wanted to do some filming at lincoln whilst I wait for a connection. And I've made arrangements with family already, I'm on a tight schedule lol. Would it make much difference splitting tickets at Newark or Lincoln?

What time trains are you planning on catching?

P156KWJ

Established Member
0809 Nottingham - Lincoln (origin = Worksop)
connection at lincoln
1022 Lincoln - Grimsby Town (origin = Newark NG) arr GMB 1120
Both East Midlands Trains

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Splitting at Lincoln is your best bet, singles come to £8.40 (as opposed to a straight through SOS which is £9.25)

P156KWJ

Established Member
Splitting at Lincoln is your best bet, singles come to £8.40 (as opposed to a straight through SOS which is £9.25)

decided on SOS, didn't realise there's not a lot of comparison splitting, and I can't be bothered doing that, but thanks for the help guys 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.