• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Weekend In London - What to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

burns20

Visiting London this weekend, I can only think of the Olympia shuttle to do when there, I have already done;

Hydrogen Bus
Met Old and New Stock
New Vic Stock
HS1
DLR Stratford Intl to Woolwich Arsenal
Routemasters
Overground
Tram

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The Pod at Heathrow Terminal 5
Bakerloo line through the shed north of Queens Park
Have you done the GOBLin? (Gospel Oak to Barking)

burns20

Have done the goblin but not the new stock tbh. Heathrow pods saw a thread on that, will look that up. Staying in Wembley so Queens Park is doable.

Dstock7080

Established Member
Remembering the Engineering Works this weekend:

All weekend:
Circle Line:-
No service.
District Line:-
No service between Embankment and Aldgate East and between High Street Kensington and Edgware Road. Reduced services throughout remainder of line.
Hammersmith & City Line:-
No service between Royal Oak and Baker Street. Reduced service Hammersmith – Royal Oak. On Saturday, trains will not stop at Farringdon.
(Blackfriars Thameslink, Edgware Road Signalling Works, Power Upgrade Works between High Street Kensington and Edgware Road and Station Works at Farringdon)

Sunday, 30th October
Northern Line:-
No service between High Barnet and Camden Town before approximately 08.45. Passengers are advised to use bus N20.
(Engineering Work between High Barnet and Camden Town)

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
You could do the eastern end of the Central line. I recently did Stratford to Woodford via Hainault and then Woodford to Epping, then back into central London. I found it quite enjoyable, but the 1992 tube stock isn't the best.

You could also do some of the suburban rail services. I've not done too many of them, so possibly someone else could recommend the best ones?

burns20

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Saturday; Stonebridge Park-Hangar Lane-Greenford-Ealing Broadway-Shepherds Bush-Olympia-Earls Court-Heathrow-Pod-Feltham-Waterloo-Waterloo East-London Bridge-Fenchurch Street-Barking-Gospel Oak...Suggestions after this are welcome.

Sunday; Sunday Lunch at The Orchard at Harefield then the Ruislip Lido Railway

Status
Not open for further replies.