• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

weekend travel scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.

a22book

Hello,

I was led to belive that the west coast mainline upgrade had finished.

However I cannot find any weekend driect services from warrington bank quay to edinburgh. there is a replacement bus service.

does anyone know why?

or is the WCML not finished?

thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
:roll: Rail replacement buses operating between Lockerbie and Oxenholme every weekend up to and including 22nd March 2009, I believe, maybe longer.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
you're certainly right, and to make things worse, Virgin aren't bothering with diverting many services over the S&C, to minimise essential coaches to just Carlisle to Lockerbie..

There are only 2 diverted services each way, on Saturdays, and none at all on Sundays .. :roll:

I am aware that the S&C is infact closed on some Sundays during the WCML works, but certainly not all..

Pumbaa

Established Member
Basically they're all lying - the WCML is far from finished.

djw1981

Established Member
IIRC the WCRM plan was only to finish England. The Scottish work is just usual renewals and suchlike. There are few diversions via G&SW as well, whoich is interesting given the role that Polmadie is playing in the Virgin maintenance regime (see recent RAIL article) for cl 57, 221 & 390.

Status
Not open for further replies.