• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Weekend Travelcard (Chiltern, Aylesbury line)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobLawrence

Could anyone please advise of fares (or a means to find fares) for the Weekend Travelcard ticket, which is available for Chiltern services on the Aylesbury line.

It seems to be something of a anachronism, albeit a very welcome one for me. The ticket is described on the national rail site here.

The other potential challenge is how I would purchase one if travelling before the station opens on Saturday morning. I cannot find the ticket for sale online. And I suspect it won't be presented as an option on the ticket machine, because there isn't means of the passenger specifying that they want to purchase a ticket for 2 days of consecutive travel, nor is it in the special (i.e season ticket) options. Am I best attempting to buy in advance from Marylebone?

Thanks for reading.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CyrusWuff

Established Member
It's worth noting that there are no Railcard discounts for the Weekend Travelcards, so two Super Off-Peak Day Travelcards (no time restrictions at weekends) would work out cheaper for Railcard holders than an undiscounted Weekend Travelcard..

There is, however, a non-standard 20% discount when bought in multiples of two and, contrary to what it says on the Chiltern website, a Weekend Travelcard fare was created from Aylesbury Vale Parkway when it opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.