• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Weekly travelcards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julia

Just been told by the guy behind the counter at SNO I can't have a weekly travelcard (SNO - zones 1-2) without a photocard - and of course as I don't routinely carry photos of myself... Thing is, the vending machines don't seem to give any indication of this - two just happened to be out of service this morning when I needed one, and the third one was cash only. Now I do a one-week event in London each year and I don't remember this being a thing last time - or maybe I got it from the vending machine unawares and was just lucky not to get gripped at any stage?

£151 for a weekly makes this whole event viable - £45 per day rather less so. :(

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
SNO = St Neot's

The clerk was correct. As per [URL="http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/ticket_types/season_tickets.aspx]National Rail Enquiries Season tickets page[/URL]
NRE said:
. Customers must have a National Rail issued Photocard in support of any 7-Day Travelcard purchased from a National Rail ticket office or ticket vending machine on magnetic stripe (orange) ticket stock.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
You've always needed a photocard for a season ticket on National Rail.

I can't speak for St Neots but the ticket machines at Stevenage do state this - I think you have to input your photocard number as part of the transaction.

Also, You can't get a Zones 1-2 travelcard from St Neots, only a Zones 1-6.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
... unless the OP actually meant a separate weekly to a London area station, and a weekly Travelcard.

In that case for a Travelcard issued from London Underground machines, no Photocard is required (and is now on Oyster), but the weekly to London will still require a Photocard.

Status
Not open for further replies.