• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Welsh 50 operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demps

what is goin on with arriva using the 50's on services? :o, surely i thought this would be a main topic due to the december cancelation of loco haulage.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ChrisCooper

Established Member
Least it runs on a Saturday. With that in mind I'll make a weekend of it, over on the friday, get a Freedom of South Wales 3in7 Rover for £19.80 (YP Railcard), then get as much milage as possible in, including the 50s before heading home on Sunday. Don't know when I'll get around to doing it though, but I must do it since 50s are one of the few locos I've not yet had on the mainline (and I've not done one in preservation since the Mid Norfolk Diesel Gala a few years ago).

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Indeed.
Pathfinder tours Orcadian Weekend. 0645 off Swindon on Friday and returning Monday. They ran light to OOC on Monday, with a possible return to Cardiff Canton earmarked for 21/22nd June. No times available as yet.

Demps

so they will be traveling down the west coast mainline, from scotland, to cardiff, Just remember to post the times

thanks.

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Demps said:
so they will be traveling down the west coast mainline, from scotland, to cardiff, Just remember to post the times

thanks.

Not quite.

Inverness (or whereever) - Swindon, ECS to OOC on 19th. Then light engine to Canton on 21 or 22 June AFAIK

beermaddavep

The junction.org has these as running mon_fri and sat but the diagrams for both only say saturdays. Do they run during the week?

Confirmation much appreciated.

TicketMan

50149 said:
Indeed.
Pathfinder tours Orcadian Weekend. 0645 off Swindon on Friday and returning Monday. They ran light to OOC on Monday, with a possible return to Cardiff Canton earmarked for 21/22nd June. No times available as yet.

Bugger almost missed this one - TM be off to the Lickley in't morning :)

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
beermaddavep said:
The junction.org has these as running mon_fri and sat but the diagrams for both only say saturdays. Do they run during the week?

Confirmation much appreciated.

From 24th June till 22nd July it is Saturdays and from the 24th July it will run Monday to Saturday till the beginning of September
[EDIT]
joea1 said:
Why have they been re numbered???

To give some variety I expect. They are running as 50012 and 50028 with Highland Rail Stags

16CSVT2700

Established Member
matt said:
To give some variety I expect. They are running as 50012 and 50028 with Highland Rail Stags

Heh the return of Benbow and Tiger! Makes a change! Although one of them was 49 but never mind!

Common thing with locos. You can renumber em to pretty much any of the 49 examples (except 50050/D400 as you'll know its that cos of its missing grabrails above the tails).

TicketMan

I'm hearing rumblings that they've been renumbered on one side only - can anyone confirm?

Also, which one is which?

Cheers, TM

16CSVT2700

Established Member
TicketMan said:
I'm hearing rumblings that they've been renumbered on one side only - can anyone confirm?

Cheers, TM
Not sure. If no-one confirms by Monday night I will when I get them at Swindon on the return!!

Hellfire Vacs!:cheers::cheers:

Hang on.. 50031 was leading the light move to OOC with 49 behind it..
The tour went from swindon-dr days jnc - bristol parkway - yate etc.. so 49 should have been leading!*

(this is because being diesels they don't need turning etc etc so they just ran em out backwards!)

Established Member
TicketMan said:

Cheers, TM

Confirmed as one-side only,was talking to another photter who had been at New St and didn't know what i was going on about 012/028 for!
I think 049 is running as 028?

16CSVT2700

Established Member
87015 said:
Confirmed as one-side only,was talking to another photter who had been at New St and didn't know what i was going on about 012/028 for!
I think 049 is running as 028?

Depends if 49 was leading the tour northwards yesterday! If it was then just look at a pic of the renumbered side and then you have your answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.