• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Welsh borders infrastructure work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewE

Established Member
NRE currently is saying
In order for Transport for Wales to introduce new trains to their network, emergency engineering work is required between Abergavenny and Hereford.

From 20:00 today until 16:00 on Sunday 2 February, buses will replace trains between these stations to allow this work to take place.

Train services at Abergavenny and Hereford will also be retimed to help customers maintain connections with the bus services.
Is this something like platform edge adjustments?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I think this demonstrates perfectly why the feedback we get from many members is that they don't like "Master threads", where loads of topics are discussed in a single thread, which can become lengthy, unwieldy and uninviting for people who are not regular followers of the threads, as well as making it difficult to establish if something has already been posted or not.

I know not everyone agrees; some people really like the concept of having a smaller number of threads that run into hundreds of pages, but I don't want to get into a debate on that now, and we can never cater for all preferences, and so sometimes we just have to go with what the majority tell us they want.

Anyway, what should have happened, is a new thread created for this (people are welcome to link to the new thread from an existing thread, where deemed relevant)

Just a reminder to please report any concerns using the report button (at the bottom of each post). More general feedback or queries not relating to a specific post can be sent via the 'Contact Us' form (link at the bottom of each page).

Edit: I have moved the discussion into https://www.railforums.co.uk/thread...ng-works-between-abergavenny-hereford.199585/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.