• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Welsh Highland Railway - February 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mikaroony

Hi,

Thanks for posting all these pictures

I was unable to get there myself so it is great to see the Ffestiniog Engines out and about on the WHR

Michael

John Luxton

Established Member
Hi,

Thanks for posting all these pictures

I was unable to get there myself so it is great to see the Ffestiniog Engines out and about on the WHR

Michael

It was interesting to note that the FR locos were hauling WHR stock. On other occasions out of season when this has happened they have often been paired up with FR stock.

John

John Luxton

Established Member
Very cool. That's somewhat of a small steam engine.

EARL OF MERIONETH is actually one of the larger Ffestiniog Railway locomotives. These normally operate on the Ffestiniog Railway though the do venture onto the Welsh Highland from time to time.

Though Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland share the same track gauge of 1ft 11.5inches the WHR has a more generous loading gauge and during the main operating season some substantial ex South African Railways Beyer Garret locomotives operate. These are quite impressive machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.