• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Welsh rolling stock strategy evolves as three-phase post-pandemic recovery envisaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen Lee

On Moderation
https://www.railwaygazette.com/wels...ost-pandemic-recovery-envisaged/59319.article, Railway gazette.
It was mentioned that the 12 Class 170s will be moved to EMR and more Class 153s for TfW as the government failed to move the 20 Southern Class 171s due to lack of replacement. However I wondered if the Class 197s are suitable to be used in the Heart of Wales Line.

Also, this means the Class 170s are just stopgaps in TfW.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

anthony263

Established Member
Could decide on what thread to post this one.

Transport for Wales posted on their social media accounts this morning photos of at least two completed stadler flirt units which were due to start testing.

I'm getting different information now on whether these are the class 231 units or the class 756 tri-modes and after all that I've heard they going to use class 197s on the maesteg to Cheltenham service instead of the class 231s.

Anyone on this group able to tell use just which flirt units these are as I thought the class 231s were being delivered first.

I will attach the link later as I can't access my Facebook app at the moment

Attachments

• FLIRT from Sandro (16 July 2021).jpg
    FLIRT from Sandro (16 July 2021).jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 73
  • FLIRT iii (July 2021) (1).jpg
    FLIRT iii (July 2021) (1).jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 73

Domh245

Established Member
There's a sticker inside the cab of the righthand unit in the second picture showing it's vehicle 381001 of unit 231001

They look neat though, and I think I can see a white LED destination display on the left hand unit (which I personally prefer to orange!)

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Could decide on what thread to post this one.

Transport for Wales posted on their social media accounts this morning photos of at least two completed stadler flirt units which were due to start testing.
Why not start a new one "TFW Stadler Flirts".

Status
Not open for further replies.