• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Welsh Whistler & Northern Belle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jim

Established Member
Nice shots there. Is the 40 what normally sits down Derby doing nowt?

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I'm sure 45112 is the one usually parked in Derby. 40145 is based somewhere else I think.

Nice photos, glad to see someone got a good shot of a loco at New Street! Plus I didn't think photting or videoing was permitted at New Street full stop. Although I've had my cam out a couple of times, it was usually on the far ends of the platforms.

andrewmay

Thanks for the comments. I also thought that all the spotters at New Street would be told to clear off or stop taking photos but I was mistaken. No one bothered us at all but then it was 7:25 in the morning. Maybe that had something to do with it. There have been stories recently about problems with photting at New Street but it some staff will be fine with it and others will stick straight to the rules. Always feel free to take photos until you hear the 'CCTV operates on this station for your personal safety and security' 3 times then someone will arrive on the platform to tell you not to most likely.

Also I'd like to say thanks to the driver who kindly stopped in the open at the end of platform 6 instead of pulling up under the bridge at the end of the platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.