• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Welwyn North to Falmer fare anomaly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skimpot flyer

Established Member
My niece's friend is hoping to study next September in Sussex, at Falmer.

She hopes to make occasional weekend trips home to her parents' home in Welwyn and will be buying a 16-25 Railcard. The railcard discounted Off-Peak Return (for travelling home Friday and back on Sunday) costs £27.85...

I know, however, that a similar discounted Off-Peak Return from Welwyn North to Eastbourne is £25.20, and is - from memory - valid for travel via Brighton. Is this the case? If so, could she buy the cheaper ticket, travel via Brighton, and just stop/start short at Falmer?

I notice the Welwyn North to Lewes fare is also £25.20

A small saving of £2.65 seems little to you and I, but if this is a legitimate way to minimise her travel costs, to a student, getting in effect 11 return trips for the price of 10 is worth looking into

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.