• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Werrington grade separation updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
If you click on the icons in the bottom right, the options appear in German!

Right... interesting... so they've obviously contracted the production of the video to a German company, so naturally they used the train images with which they are familiar?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

apinnard

Popped out for a walk this evening. Admittedly only with my phone, and it was 9.30pm, so the light was terrible. Not much has changed since the last pictures just up-thread.

F09DDE42-2101-4113-9725-9C24BE73E893.jpeg
94A87C9F-6471-4168-8259-708F029A2ED5.jpeg

018509E0-A4F1-4201-9CF5-7AD4CCD503DD.jpeg

Rick1984

What do they do when they get to the section under the bridge where the pilling machine can't fit under?

Geeves

Established Member

Crun

Here you go Crun and Rick.

Many thanks for the informative reply. Is there a more specific explanation as to how the piling under the Cock Lane footbridge will be done given the reduced headroom under the new bridge?

Last edited:

Crun

Many thanks for the informative reply. Is there a more specific explanation as to how the piling under the Cock Lane footbridge will be done given the reduced headroom under the new bridge?
I wonder if they will do the same as under the A15 and use an auger to drill down to create cast columns?

DelW

Established Member
Can they use shorter piling rigs or shorter piles and weld on extensions as they get driven in?
Both are feasible (I've used such techniques to work under HV power lines, for example), but both add considerably to the time and cost of installation.

Crun

I've just learnt that the tunnel/portal installation under the main line has been put back from September until next February. This is because of the risk assessment for the tunnelling activity which required close working between more than one individual, i.e, less than 2 m.

Status
Not open for further replies.