• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[Wessex] Class 350 testing Basingstoke - Soton

Status
Not open for further replies.

trains2

350 Desiro DC testing provisionally scheduled to start running overnight between Basingstoke and Southampton w/c 6th Feb 2006. Units likely to be stabled at Barton Mill. Tests could not be accomodated in Dorset as originally planned.

Should be interesting! :) Although as it's overnight, shall be dark and means no pictures.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
New Silverlink livery in Southampton...Would make a welcome change to the Wessex pinks and purples and the SWT liveries!

If I get a chance to get a FoSS any time soon, I'll try and make sure it's on that week so as to overnight it at Eastleigh and phot the 350s coming through.

Thanks for the information.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Just pointing out they are in Silver not Silverlink as they are operated by both Silverlink and Central Trains ;)

I have always wondered why 350s have 3rd rail pick up shoes on them.

Julian G

Established Member
they were originally ordered by SWT but since the 458s proved to be reliable.. the SRA cut off the order and sent them for Silverlink Count(r)y and Central Trains

trains2

1288gaje said:
but since the 458s proved to be reliable

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dunno where you got that idea Julian, but it certainly cheered my day up! :D

I think your right there, I believe they were all for SWT, but I think they just ordered too many and couldn't cancel the order, so looked for other potential buyers. If you notice (as TC says) there is practicaly no difference between at 350 and 450; everyone knows that there is a panto area on a 450 so they were always built to have the option of a panto being installed.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
tubechallenger said:
350s are basically 450s with the panto.

And also a different seat arrangement. 350s have 2 + 2 seating whilst 450s have 2 + 3 seating

Status
Not open for further replies.