• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Coast mk2 formations

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSTEd

Veteran Member
Did the TDM equipment on the West Coast use the lighting control cables or a separate three wire line installed in the coaches as part of the introduction?
I seem to see references to the idea that the problems caused by the interference between the TDM and the original lighting control circuits required new screened cables to be installed.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Yeah that's right, the three mark 3 BFOs that were built for the Manchester Pullman were the only mark 3 brake vehicles built (Excluding the DVTs, as you say).

It is a pity a few more weren't built. I appreciate that the extra 12 metres of platform would have had to be found somehow at Euston if the lounge and seated cars were mark 3, but if there had been enough so that the Scottish sleeper could have had them too it wouldn't have gone amiss!

sprinterguy

Established Member
I seem to remember a lot of occasions where the loco found itself on the south end of the set hauling the DVT, presumably a result of TDM failures.
Indeed, I mentioned as such in an earlier post - It was a regular part of the variety to be found on the loco hauled West Coast :)

BlythPower

From the depths of the notebook pile:
29/06/1992: 90011 at Coventry on the 13:10 to New St with 6002, 6170, 6067, 6064, 10225, 3395, 3384, 3369 and 9500.

Status
Not open for further replies.