• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Highland 37s - THE END?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinness

Established Member
Loco Hulled is 90% of Freight (325s are EMUs) and any passenger trains with locos powering them.....

FGWfan said:
*Grabs special ego-deflecting shield, special effects LOTR-style*

Now that was truly random.....

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Galvanize

FGWFan said:
Watcher In The Rye said:
joea1 said:
Apart from half hourly services from Liverpool Street to Norwich. Plus GNER services.

ok point taken. let me rephrase, loco haled train by a diesel locomotive with no DVT, and needs to run around the train, in the old school way, by which i define loco hauled (ie, the caledoinan sleepers from edinburgh to inverness/aberdeen, ft bill; the penzance sleeper; and erm... that's about it really).

Yep, just the Edinburgh to Fort William/Inverness/Aberdeen sleepers, Paddington to Penzance 'Night Riveria', occasional ATW ADEXs (although those will end soon enough), that's it to my knowledge.

Oh, and Liverpool Street to Norwich isn't loco-hauled. That's the primary job of DBSOs and DVTs. Norwich to Liverpool Street on the other hand...Now THAT's loco haulage. :P

Re: your previous post, what do you mean about this forum only being big enough for one ego? Could just about squeeze me in there I reckon. ;)

It would be proper loco haulage if a Class 47 attatched to the front of the train, or even a 37 :P. Heart-of-wessex got a 47 on wednesday.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Don't remind me, he was well and truely 'bowled over' (I believe that's the term) then. I wasn't at all envious when I heard the news...I usually have the opposite luck, ie a 150 instead of a 175. I have had a 170 instead of a 153/6 or a 175 instead of a 150/8 before though, but that's nothing compared to loco haulage.

Chaz, I believe the defination of haulage does not include powering from the rear of the train. It's the front of the train that's hauling the rest, getting the power to do so from the rear loco (in the case of DBSOs and DVTs), or extra power from the rear loco to hit 125 (in the case of HSTs).

Of course, the only decent loco haulage comes from diesel locos really, mainly the 37s and 47s provide the best haulage in terms of clag, noise and enjoyment. HSTs at 125 are also extremely enjoyable mind. :P

Guinness

Established Member
FGWFan said:
Chaz, I believe the defination of haulage does not include powering from the rear of the train. It's the front of the train that's hauling the rest, getting the power to do so from the rear loco (in the case of DBSOs and DVTs), or extra power from the rear loco to hit 125 (in the case of HSTs).

I guess that can be classed as Push Pull then.

Sprog

Established Member
hehehe :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOST:

One Sense of humor

Call: Tubechallanger

;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :idea:

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
[modnotice]Locked due to thread going off topic, I think the debate has already ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.