• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Highland Line...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig

Established Member
After trying to get back into route coding last night and getting a bit annoyed I've decided to recode my West Highland Line route from scratch (well, almost).

I'll update this thread with screenshots as I go if I can be arsed :lol: . Here's the first one - Glasgow Queen Street looking a bit bare <D
WHL_01_QS.jpg

Anyone fancy building a BVE4 26/27/303?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Craig

Established Member
[quote="Craig]Anyone fancy building a BVE4 26/27/303?[/QUOTE]
Double Trigger has just told me he has half of the sounds for a 26, just needs finishing off and a cab created.

MancunianTrammer said:
should be great whn finished :D
I hope so ;)

Nick

SOme good work so far, I know route buildings a bore, but do keep us updated.

Craig

Established Member
Queen Street through to Cowlairs is now back to the state it was before I restarted:
WHL_02_QS.jpg

WHL_03_QS.jpg

Note: I haven't added signals yet - I'll be doing all the BVE4 stuff later.

eezypeazy

Looking good... out of interest, are the pillars in Queen St cylinders, flat bitmaps, or what?

eezypeazy

Craig

Established Member

I believe the pilars are flat bitmaps, that was one of the objects created by Robert so I'll have to find the object and have a look to be sure.

eezypeazy

Just wondered.... I've used cylinder command for the pillars at Hexham, topped by a bitmap for the fancy bit of the start of the support at the top, then cubes for the other woodwork in the roof.... I'll post up a screenie over the weekend... it looks OK, but I'm not sure what effect on framerate all the faces will have....

eezypeazy

Craig

Established Member
eezypeazy said:
Just wondered.... I've used cylinder command for the pillars at Hexham, topped by a bitmap for the fancy bit of the start of the support at the top, then cubes for the other woodwork in the roof.... I'll post up a screenie over the weekend... it looks OK, but I'm not sure what effect on framerate all the faces will have....
Ah right. The Queen Street ones look a bit flat, but as you'll only see three at most so it doesn't matter too much. The 3d ones will probably look better at Hexham, but as you say might have an adverse affect on the framerate.

Rich said:
When it's done, will it be on SRS?
Probably, unless I host it myself.

Tom B

Established Member
Nice shots there :). Very rapid rate of progress too - makes my speed look appauling...

Craig

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
Very rapid rate of progress too - makes my speed look appauling...
To be fair I'm only recoding at the moment, not doing it from scratch ;)

Tom B

Established Member
You could technically say I'm recoding, but the old EB bit of the Picc wasn't up to much - it's forgotton!

Craig

Established Member
Another couple of screenshots.

Ashfield - more or less finished.
WHL_04_ASF.jpg

Dalmuir starting taking shape.
WHL_05_DMR.jpg

Lesjordans

Heres an idea, when your finished up to maryhill why dont you release that bit, because there used to be a GLQ-Maryhill service which was good and we have the 156/158

Craig

Established Member
Lesjordans said:
Heres an idea, when your finished up to maryhill why dont you release that bit, because there used to be a GLQ-Maryhill service which was good and we have the 156/158
It's a possibility, depends which part of the route I get finished first.

Coxster said:
Do you plan to use a different track texture?
The rails are 3D objects. I might take another look at them later in development.

Craig

Established Member
Quick update. I've finished re-organising the code as far as Helensburgh, so new work can begin now. There's a few bugs with the OHLE I need to sort out, and Robert has been working on some new scenery that is to be added.

Hopefully there'll be some more screenshots to see soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.