• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Lothian buses

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlybeDash8Q400

Established Member
Not sure if they'd match the tender spec. I've not had a look but it likely requires a Euro 5 (or 6) or better vehicle.
In that case then might we see some of the 47xxx Streetlites on the 68? As you say highly likely the 63xxx Streetlites on the 20 and 63 and in my view I wouldn’t put it past First using 47xxx ones now and again on those routes as well

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jordan Adam

Established Member
In that case then might we see some of the 47xxx Streetlites on the 68? As you say highly likely the 63xxx Streetlites on the 20 and 63 and in my view I wouldn’t put it past First using 47xxx ones now and again on those routes as well

Agree, although that being said Livingston will be getting additional vehicles to cover the extra work (they'll need at least 10 extra buses). So for all we know it could be some of those.

Driver362

Excuse my ignorance, I've been away from first since LC started and the depot I left didn't have any. I've only driven one once and it was totaly underwhelming! I knew some were merc powered and some Cummins but what's the difference between the 47xxx and 63xxx is it length, capacity or both. I must admit they hold no interest to me. I consider myself lucky I still get to drive B7 RLE's :D:D

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Excuse my ignorance, I've been away from first since LC started and the depot I left didn't have any. I've only driven one once and it was totaly underwhelming! I knew some were merc powered and some Cummins but what's the difference between the 47xxx and 63xxx is it length, capacity or both. I must admit they hold no interest to me. I consider myself lucky I still get to drive B7 RLE's :D:D

It is the length. 47*** are shorter lengths classed as midis, 55*** are the WF versions as they’re minis,whilst 63*** are Streetlite Maxes and full size SDs, according to First’s numbering convention

DunsBus

Established Member
Future of Lothian Country is now "under review". Read into that what you will...

Observer

Those only meet Euro 4 iirc? Although depending on the contract spec it is possible.
Could always upgrade them to Euro 5 if need be. But you are right from earlier, if the 68 can fit a midi Streetlite that's what will probably get used.

Driver362

Future of Lothian Country is now "under review". Read into that what you will...
Yes do tell, be interested as to where you heard this and of whom. Be nice if they told us staff that tbh. Still a change of jumper colour wouldn't really bother me personally, but that's not the same for everyone. Including the passengers that use our buses

Jordan Adam

Established Member
The post did end with "read into that what you will..."

It's not rubbish when you consider the fact that since day one LC's future has been under review, the future of any company (especially when a new start up) is constantly under review.

Anyway!

Weemidi135

The post did end with "read into that what you will..."

It's not rubbish when you consider the fact that since day one LC's future has been under review, the future of any company (especially when a new start up) is constantly under review.

Anyway!

That’s not how this is being portrayed

DunsBus

Established Member
Talking cr*p, that's why. Why do people spout such nonsense, what do they get out of it?

Can't give names but I do know, from very good sources, that Lothian Country, Motorcoaches and the heritage fleet are all under review. I can't go too much further into it just now.

cnjb8

Established Member
Can't give names but I do know, from very good sources, that Lothian Country, Motorcoaches and the heritage fleet are all under review. I can't go too much further into it just now.
I think people are asking for more details. Especially considering a number of LC drivers frequent this thread and their livelihoods could be at stake

ScotRail158725

Established Member
heritage fleet? whats their to review about that?

CN04NRJ

Established Member

Your 'sources' being the court of Facebook, I presume?

Established Member
Motorcoaches is already being scaled back.
The coaches on order have been cancelled and they're no longer taking on extra drivers.

heritage fleet? whats their to review about that?
It's part of Motorcoaches, and presumably not making much money.
If it does get binned, hopefully the ones that were raided from Lathalmond will be returned.

ScotRail158725

Established Member
Motorcoaches is already being scaled back.
The coaches on order have been cancelled and they're no longer taking on extra drivers.

It's part of Motorcoaches, and presumably not making much money.
If it does get binned, hopefully the ones that were raided from Lathalmond will be returned.
what about the ones that arent from lathalmond? also all the motorcoaches levantes have been sold so they definitely have scaled back

Observer

To be fair they made a mistake buying those Leviantes, which was evident during the short lived Citylink contract, and they were sold whilst Hall was there.

Unfortunately with PSVAR happening other operators are having to buy them at the last minute just so they can keep on getting rail replacement work...

Jordan Adam

Established Member
I can't name names (obviously) however to be fair a driver i know personally did inform me yesterday (prior to DunsBus's post) that management were looking in to things and considering their options going forward. That said i don't think there was any real need to post about it on here given that there's nothing of any real substance and the future of LCB has technically speaking always been under review. That said i don't think some of the language being used on here in the last two pages is required.

Regarding the heritage fleet, this is no real surprise. Hall was arguably more pro-preservation then other members of management and while preservation is important it does fall under those "unnecessary expenses". Likewise LMC has been struggling to get work and has only really managed to survive thanks to some school contracts (which used to be done by LB) and recent rail replacement. The tours last summer mostly ran near empty.

ScotRail158725

Established Member
No idea, presumably sold off or moved elsewhere.

The Levantes were sold ages ago because they're crap, nothing to do with the current scaling back.
aw, well fair enough then :D, pity the main fleets electric things arent following them

hoping if they do sell any of the heritage 701 stays

Status
Not open for further replies.