• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Midland fares increase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crosscity

Last Saturday (6 Sep) I bought an Off-Peak Day Return from Kings Norton to Birmingham for me and my grandson which cost me £2.80 with a Family & Friends railcard (£1.80 for me and £1.00 for the child).

Today (one week later) I bought the same tickets from the same machine at a similar time and the price was £2.85.

Why? I have not seen any notices of 'Revised Fares' either on stations or in the press.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BHXDMT

Last Saturday (6 Sep) I bought an Off-Peak Day Return from Kings Norton to Birmingham for me and my grandson which cost me £2.80 with a Family & Friends railcard (£1.80 for me and £1.00 for the child).

Today (one week later) I bought the same tickets from the same machine at a similar time and the price was £2.85.

Why? I have not seen any notices of 'Revised Fares' either on stations or in the press.

London Midland's Off Peak fares increase in September (whole network, not just West Mids), the same as Anytime/Season fares increase in January. At least, that was always the case when I was in the booking office. This year they rose by 3.1% on Sunday 7th September.

There should have been fare rise stickers in booking office windows, because they're sent out before every fare rise and are generally displayed from August til end of September.

Last edited:

bussnapperwm

Established Member
There are little green stickers saying it at a couple of stations I've been to that lm have ticket offices

crosscity

There are little green stickers saying it at a couple of stations I've been to that lm have ticket offices

They must have not been all that prominent or perhaps I was in a day-dream (either or both are possible). Thanks to both posters for your replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.