• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Midlands 30-year Rail Strategy: 2018-47

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Planner

Veteran Member
Adding to the previous posts by @Old Hill Bank and @The Planner, from a brief glance at the document linked and the overview on page 18, in terms of new stations (feel free to correct me):
  • Worcestershire Parkway (under construction, opening 2019/20)
  • Camp Hill Line (under advanced development I understand)
  • Willenhall & Darlaston (under development)
I know the plans for University will most likely be going ahead once funding is secured as it is quite a priority in terms of implementation (due to current crowding issues). The others as already mentioned are far less likely for the time being.
University is a dead cert though will get cut back on cost I would bet. Perry Barr needs doing for the Commonwealth games so file under University. Willenhall and Darlaston are probably at the same point as the Camp Hill stations in terms of development. Rugby Parkway I think is a requirement as part of all the house building on that side of Rugby and is around GRIP stage 3 last I heard.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BowesRanger

I know it'll never happen, but would be nice to see the 'Shrewsbury corner' between Wolverhampton and crewe electrified sometime this century...

option

Is 14tph (8 stoppers, 6 Express) between New Street and Bournville by 2034 realistic...? I really don't know, but it seems busy as it is now...
I presume you'd send all the South west cross country services by Camp Hill otherwise no chance.

If only the rail bridge over the Selly Oak bypass had been built wider...
There's space to get a third (centre) track in all the way from Mary Vale Rd to nearly Pritchatts Rd, which would allow a bypass of Bournville/Selly Oak/University stations. Current CrossCity services take 5 minutes for that section. (3 new rail bridges needed)

Harbornite

Established Member
If only the rail bridge over the Selly Oak bypass had been built wider...
There's space to get a third (centre) track in all the way from Mary Vale Rd to nearly Pritchatts Rd, which would allow a bypass of Bournville/Selly Oak/University stations. Current CrossCity services take 5 minutes for that section. (3 new rail bridges needed)

Time to reopen the old route via Lifford perhaps?

(Tongue firmly placed in cheek)

option

Time to reopen the old route via Lifford perhaps?

(Tongue firmly placed in cheek)

Someone built on it ;)

Apart from the section alongside part of York Close by Mary Vale Rd, & the box under the Pershore Rd, & the overbridge at Kings Norton station, there's nothing particularly difficult with getting a third track between Kings Norton & Bournville.

deltic08

On Moderation
Just waded through the whole Report. As far as I can see, 12 tph between New St and Kings Norton is impossible with a mix of CrossCity stoppers and XC non=stoppers. Whoever compiled this report knows nothing about operating a route. It is too intensive to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.