• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Midlands metro - What Name would You Choose ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

atsf_fT

Now that the third Tram in the "West Midlands Metro " fleet has recently been named there are plans to continue the naming trend what and when has not been announced yet , now that there are three trams named - Tram 35 " Angus Adams "
Tram 37 " Ozzo Osborne " and just recently Tram 31 " Cyrille Regis"

It is highly probable that there will more footballers associated with the "Metros" Tram route
Wolverhampton Wanderers & Birmingham City , These maybe older famous Footballers
or maybe names more fitting to the modern era .

Has many may know the "Metro " Route runs on most of the "Great Western Railway" route from Wolverhampton low level to Birmingham Snowhill (i did say most ) with a rich history in just a short 12 mile distance , Castles Kings , early Diesel hydraulics , The Birmingham Pullman, many named headboard trains The Birmingham railway & carriage works and its many locos built
sand pits , steel mills ,Hockley goods depot ,and of Course Birmingham Snow hill just too name a few .

SO if you " The enthusiast Train or Tram" could Choose a name to be carried on a Tram which would run along that route What would you Choose ?? and what Vinyls used ??

Just a penny for your thoughts ...........

My choice ...

4091 "Dudley castle " with the new extension to the Merry Hell the route will pass within the grounds of Dudley castle itself and im sure Dudley castle it self will be well chuffed about it .

A Name from one of the G.W.R king locos that was once allocated to nearby Stafford road
one that is politically correct for today's times and one that the public may have heard of .

Brcw "LION " modern enthusiast will say what ? There are many old folk who use the tram still around.

"John Stanley Webb " which was also carried on a previous T69

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JordyWM

I’d choose none for me. Not keen on buses/trains/trams being named, and I doubt most people who travel on these notice or even care.

geoffk

Established Member
4091 "Dudley castle " with the new extension to the Merry Hell the route will pass within the grounds of Dudley castle itself and im sure Dudley Castle itself will be well chuffed about it .
4091 was the first Castle to be withdrawn, "Star" rebuilds excepted, so maybe a bad omen!

Status
Not open for further replies.