• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Midlands network all in one day ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

knight2004

Hi all, I am in Birmingham this weekend and was thinking about getting one of the network west midlands day tickets on Saturday.
I had a look at the map, which is a little confusing, am I right in thinking i can use the all day ticket in zones 1-5 in the coloured areas on the map shown on the west midlands? I think 6.50 was the price of the day ticket.
Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
The Daytripper?

Yes, it is valid throughout Zones 1-5. You can also purchase add-on fares (no more than £2) for certain outlying stations such as Lichfield Trent Valley or Kidderminster.

Minilad

Established Member
If you can spare a little extra cash I think the West Midlands day ranger is a much better option. Depending on what you want to do of course

SS4

Established Member
The Daytripper (it's the closest ticket to what you describe in the OP but costs GBP6.20) is valid in the numbered zones 1-5 but not the purple bit from Landywood to Rugeley TV.

It is also valid on buses and the metro

knight2004

Thanks and how much is the west Midlands day ranger? And where can I go/purchase it from?

SS4

Established Member
Status
Not open for further replies.