• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Midlands strike days, ticket validity on different day confusion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VT 390

Established Member
I had planned a trip on Saturday 7th December (one of the West Midlands Railway strike days).
I got all the tickets BEFORE the strike timetable had been announced, booked through Virgin Trains, the tickets I have booked are:
  • Advanced Single, Virgin Trains & connections from Great Malvern to London Terminals (booked for 06:17 from GMV to BHM then 07:30 from BHM to EUS)
  • Advanced Single 1st Virgin Trains from London Euston to Birmingham New Street (booked for 18:43 from EUS to BHM)
  • Off Peak Day Single from Birmingham New Street to Great Malvern (20:50 BHM-GMV)
I also booked other tickets in the middle of the day but will still use these with a new ticket to London with GWR. But on the West Midlands Railway website it says the following:
Alternatively, if you have booked an Advance ticket to travel on our services on Saturday, you can use it the day before (Friday), or on Sunday/Monday instead, if that works better for you.
https://www.westmidlandsrailway.co.uk/industrialaction

I am unsure if this means I can use the above tickets on the following Monday (9th) instead because I would not just be travelling with West Midlands Railway but on First Trenitalia (new West Coast franchise) as well.
I would have thought that the first ticket (advanced single from GMV to EUS) would be valid as it is one ticket and the first train is a West Midlands Railway service, but the second and third tickets are for 1 journey but split tickets, The single from BHM to GMV would be valid but as the ticket from EUS to BHM is for travel with Virgin Trains would it be valid?
(I have a printout of the original intended journey itinerary which shows it as one journey just with spit tickets and I booked them all before the Strike Timetable was announced).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.