• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Midlands train director sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domh245

Established Member
Abellio do not have access to what others bid (at least legally). Govia will have heavily been dependedent on the franchise staff to come up with their plan; those staff are now employed by Abellio. Who better than the team that's been doing it for years to sort it out? The fact that it looks a lot like what Govia bid is purely incidental...

I thought strict separation of operational teams & bid teams was enforced? It's been mentioned plenty of times in relation to GA where Abellio retained it but on a bid that seems to have had little grounding in operational experience?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Komma

Problem with relying on rest day work since the summer timetable change, is that the people who use to smash the overtime(myself included) are so knackered from their normal work roster, that they are needing their rest days to recover.The company were told this when we first saw the diagrams and went ahead anyway.
As a train guard and RMT LLC rep at LNR, I want to run my trains on time, provide a good service to my passengers and feel fit for duty everyday. Unfortunately in the last year or so that has not been the case. I know as a rep we are working with our local managers to try and improve things at a local level and that the new management have meetings coming up soon with our company council. My hope is that we can work together and improve the service for the passengers and staff alike.

Ianno87

Veteran Member
I thought strict separation of operational teams & bid teams was enforced? It's been mentioned plenty of times in relation to GA where Abellio retained it but on a bid that seems to have had little grounding in operational experience?

I think you can second 'operational' staff from their day job into the bid team, but must operate with a "Chinese Wall" between themselves and the day-to-day TOC staff.

HH

Established Member
I think you can second 'operational' staff from their day job into the bid team, but must operate with a "Chinese Wall" between themselves and the day-to-day TOC staff.
Correct. Generally a few rising stars and recognised experts will be seconded, and TT planning is one of the areas where you absolutely will have one or more people from the TOC.

Status
Not open for further replies.