• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Midlands Trains Delay Repay - Defaced Ticket Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray1404

Established Member
I know this has been commented recently by others on the forum, what WMT/LNR expect when their online delay form say you should deface your ticket. I have received yet another delay repay decision email from them today saying: -

"Please note that on this occasion we have accepted your claim although you have not enclosed your ticket for travel (this is not a receipt or a seat reservation coupon) or defaced the ticket as per our delay repay process. For future claims, can we please ask that your ticket is submitted with your claim, cut in half or defaced."

This is not the first time they have said this to me in decision email. However I have never, not once, submitted a delay repay claim to them without a ticket and in all cases I have ensured that my ticket has been defaced in some way, if my ticket hasn't been marked by a member of staff on the train. In this case, my ticket wasn't marked when travelling so I defaced it myself EXACTLY as per one of the example images you can click to display when filling out the delay repay form, or in the FAQs section. I drew a line across the ticket at an angle (as per the image their website displayed).

It seems with this company, and their contractor, you cannot win. Even if you follow their procedure exactly as they prescribe they still say you haven't.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Given the substandard nature of the present service, they must be processing claims for a very large proportion of journeys at the moment. I wonder if they've hired a load of agency staff and not trained them properly to keep things moving?

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
I know this has been commented recently by others on the forum, what WMT/LNR expect when their online delay form say you should deface your ticket. I have received yet another delay repay decision email from them today saying: -

"Please note that on this occasion we have accepted your claim although you have not enclosed your ticket for travel (this is not a receipt or a seat reservation coupon) or defaced the ticket as per our delay repay process. For future claims, can we please ask that your ticket is submitted with your claim, cut in half or defaced."

This is not the first time they have said this to me in decision email. However I have never, not once, submitted a delay repay claim to them without a ticket and in all cases I have ensured that my ticket has been defaced in some way, if my ticket hasn't been marked by a member of staff on the train. In this case, my ticket wasn't marked when travelling so I defaced it myself EXACTLY as per one of the example images you can click to display when filling out the delay repay form, or in the FAQs section. I drew a line across the ticket at an angle (as per the image their website displayed).

It seems with this company, and their contractor, you cannot win. Even if you follow their procedure exactly as they prescribe they still say you haven't.
There are no doubt cases where they reject claims in genuine error, and I can only imagine that this is one of those cases. However, I agree that WMT seem to be one of the companies who are very keen to reject Delay Repay claims and often incorrectly calculate the length of delays.

Status
Not open for further replies.