• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Midlands Trains recruiting for Trainee Train Drivers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Good to see that they have ditched the unpopular London midland policy of "must live within 25 miles" to the industry standard of "within 60mins". Plenty of good folk who live 40 mins driving time down the M6/M5/M40/M42 were previously considered too far away!

FManc

I'm literally just within the 60 minute commute for Crewe coming in at 50-55 minutes being based in South/East Manchester. Obviously M6 traffic at rush hour would send this way over but I take it that isn't taken into consideration?

Biffo

I'm literally just within the 60 minute commute for Crewe coming in at 50-55 minutes being based in South/East Manchester. Obviously M6 traffic at rush hour would send this way over but I take it that isn't taken into consideration?
you'll be booking on at 4am so traffic will be minimal i spose...

FManc

you'll be booking on at 4am so traffic will be minimal i spose...

Yeah it's showing up at 50 mins with no traffic. Tbh for daytime shifts it's easier for me to drive the 15 mins to Stockport and then the 25 min train ride to Crewe - falls within the 60 mins as well.

Biffo

Yeah it's showing up at 50 mins with no traffic. Tbh for daytime shifts it's easier for me to drive the 15 mins to Stockport and then the 25 min train ride to Crewe - falls within the 60 mins as well.
you're golden then, get it sent and good luck!

FManc

Well my application was submitted at stupid o'clock this morning. I'm on a 12 hour shift today and didn't wanna risk leaving it until Wednesday in case they close the vacancy early. Anyone know how big a depot Crewe is for drivers?

Good luck everyone!

red2005

Probably just another way of filtering out what I assume will be many 1000s of applicants

I’d agree with that! Asked a manager this question once and they said “it shows at some point this applicant has made an error in judgement”

Their words not mine...... does that necessarily mean people with points/who’ve made errors in judgement in the past wouldn’t make good drivers? In my eyes definitely not as some learn from it....... is it a fantastic way of whittling down numbers from a company perspective? Most definitely.

If companies use things as the odd minor spelling mistake to get the numbers down it’s no real surprise they’d use this too.

Biffo

Is it just me or is the advert now gone from the website? If so, that was fast!

RD81

Yup...that must've got thousands of hits...when they said 6th of may..I laughed...

Lincdsg

Bit frustrated, only found out about this this morning, got 80% completed but had to go to work.

FManc

That was definetly quick! Pretty much only up for 1 day. I guess given the number of depots they are recruiting for, across quite a large area they must have got loads of applications!

Lincdsg

Guess it'd be clutching at straws to wonder if they'd still let me submit it since I'd pretty much finished it? Any idea how I'd go about contacting them?

387star

On Moderation
Any West mids drivers live in Stratford on Avon? Nice area to live in lol

Status
Not open for further replies.