• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Midlands Trains recruiting for Trainee Train Drivers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quaver

Just had a text & an email - I've made the sift!
I have had a text saying ive received an email and for some reason it has not blipped on my watch, but i work in a call centre so can't get my phone out to check gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i finish in ten minutes

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sargentsiri

I have had a text saying ive received an email and for some reason it has not blipped on my watch, but i work in a call centre so can't get my phone out to check gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i finish in ten minutes

I'm sure it will be positive news my friend!

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Quaver

I have never been so thankful to receive an email

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180515-180046_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20180515-180046_Email.jpg
    735.7 KB · Views: 137

FManc

I've just received another email saying i've got through the sift, 24 hours after getting the first one. Bizzare.

Trio

I've just received another email saying i've got through the sift, 24 hours after getting the first one. Bizzare.

Same, got two texts, two emails yesterday, today got one text, one email, truly bizarre

tommyboy

Does anyone know what the next stage is after they've reviewed your applicataion and if you pass that?

londonmidland

Established Member
I assume it’ll take a few days to roll out the emails/messages to those that are successful or should they have all been sent by now?

N!ck

I assume it’ll take a few days to roll out the emails/messages to those that are successful or should they have all been sent by now?
I received one yesterday saying I was successful and also received the same email again today, so I would assume they were still working through them

Quaver

Okay so by my count its been 8 weeks (approx) since they said I'd hear anything. Has anyone else heard anything?

Eddie9372

I'm hoping this week ......... but knowing the train companies it could be next month..

Cheggers

I got the same
I did stage 1 assessments earlier this year and it seems most if not everyone on the assessment day had applied in 2015. I could be wrong but that's what I heard most people say. I've been told no vacancies and I'm waiting for slots at my depot to open next year before they send me/us on stage 2. I'm used to waiting now.

sargentsiri

I did stage 1 assessments earlier this year and it seems most if not everyone on the assessment day had applied in 2015. I could be wrong but that's what I heard most people say. I've been told no vacancies and I'm waiting for slots at my depot to open next year before they send me/us on stage 2. I'm used to waiting now.

What's the point in recruiting again this year then if they clearly have numbers waiting??!

red2005

What's the point in recruiting again this year then if they clearly have numbers waiting??!

Don’t worry yourself about the operational needs of the company as you’ve no idea who or what they need. Get the job first and worry about the numbers of other trainees joining you at a later stage.

sargentsiri

Don’t worry yourself about the operational needs of the company as you’ve no idea who or what they need. Get the job first and worry about the numbers of other trainees joining you at a later stage.

I think you have misunderstood me. I'm not worried about the operational needs. It just seem strange for a company to recruit if they have recruits waiting. But leading on, Cheggers - your answer was much more helpful & clears up why they are - cheers chap :)

Established Member
Quite an important DfT announcement last night regarding the December timetable change, which pretty much ties with the time that message (above) was sent.

Much of the recruitment being done was to take account of the major shift in numbers required for the service which in many cases was due to double. Now that increase has been "postponed" until further notice to allow for a less chaotic introduction than the once Northern Rail and others introduced in May.

Note WMT mentioned in this article.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44774539

Quite how this has, or is impacting recruitment remains to be seen, but slowing the recruitment process down for a few months does seem logical.

red2005

I think you have misunderstood me. I'm not worried about the operational needs. It just seem strange for a company to recruit if they have recruits waiting. But leading on, Cheggers - your answer was much more helpful & clears up why they are - cheers chap :)

Because when the recruits waiting start their training they will want more waiting in a talent pool should another bunch of vacancies arise...... saves so much time and is the sensible way to do it.

It’s the way the railway and numerous other industries have worked for quite some time now.

Cheggers

Quite an important DfT announcement last night regarding the December timetable change, which pretty much ties with the time that message (above) was sent.

Much of the recruitment being done was to take account of the major shift in numbers required for the service which in many cases was due to double. Now that increase has been "postponed" until further notice to allow for a less chaotic introduction than the once Northern Rail and others introduced in May.

Note WMT mentioned in this article.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44774539

Quite how this has, or is impacting recruitment remains to be seen, but slowing the recruitment process down for a few months does seem logical.
Saw this in the news today. That'll be potentially another year of waiting. That'll be 4 years for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.