• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Midlands Trains Timetable for Coventry - Leamington.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class 170101

Established Member
Indeed they do. And it’s very unlikely they’ll ever see either branch again.

172’s in December for the new Kenilworth service then.....meanwhile the Nuneatons will remain a 153 until the LO cascade.

That will be traction knowledge issues. Leamington depot presumably don't sign 153s but will clearly sign via Kenilworth as where as Coventry I believe its been said before on here only sign 153s but don't sign 172s. I assume there there must be more spare capacity in the 172 fleet.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

whhistle

On Moderation
Did I miss something?
I thought the 230's were going to be used on this and the COV - NUN service?

HLE

Established Member
The service will still run but miss the Kenilworth stop to start with.

Apparently. All up in the air as usual.

STKKK46

Credit where credit is due for LM and West Midlands Trains. To get this even close to moving in December with a Class 172 to boot, I’m sure has been a difficult challenge.

Ibex

Will all current London Midland:City services be WMR?

Yes, WMR will encompass Birmingham - Hereford / Shrewsbury / Rugeley, the Cross City, Snow Hill routes and Coventry - Nuneaton / Leamington.
London Northwestern will be London - Birmingham / Crewe, Birmingham - Liverpool, the Abbey & Bedford branches.

HLE

Established Member
Despite that letter from October, since then it’s now just as unclear whether it will be 153’s or 172’s that will be used and which depot will work the route.

centraltrains

Despite that letter from October, since then it’s now just as unclear whether it will be 153’s or 172’s that will be used and which depot will work the route.
Has a 170 been ruled out? Always seems to be loads of them sat in Tyseley in the daytime...

causton

Established Member
Currently 7 DMUs stopped at Tyseley waiting for work, exams, repairs etc. There is one not currently being used though!

I thought today sounded bad but on Friday it looks like there were 10 and Thursday there were 9...

samjackson7

Kenilworth station will not be finished until early next year - so no service in December
Hi there,

My name's Sam, and I'm a journalist from the Kenilworth Weekly News.

I've been trying to get confirmation that the station's opening is delayed once again, but all I've heard are rumours. For now, Warwickshire County Council are sticking to the December 10 date.

I've seen your post which claims the opening is indeed delayed, and I'd like to have a chat with you about this if possible.

Please could you give me a call on 01926 457732?

HLE

Established Member
Has a 170 been ruled out? Always seems to be loads of them sat in Tyseley in the daytime...

I’d say so. Coventry don’t sign them. They aren’t the quickest off the mark either - see above.

HLE

Established Member
Currently 7 DMUs stopped at Tyseley waiting for work, exams, repairs etc. There is one not currently being used though!

I thought today sounded bad but on Friday it looks like there were 10 and Thursday there were 9...

No fault found. Next....

BlythPower

The entries for 10th December are now showing in Real Time Trains as cancelled with Saturday 16th now for passenger services to start.

HLE

Established Member
Won’t take too long for crews to be passed out on that route. 1 day road learning and 1 day pass out tops I should think.

Ian Brown

I went to Coventry yesterday for a London train and noticed a Class 153 leaving for the Leamington directi9n around 1250.presumably it was a crew training run in preparation for the new Kenilworth service.

HLE

Established Member
Yes that would have been a training run.
Not sure how many are left to train up but not all of link 1 are going to work the service.

Ianno87

Veteran Member
There was a unit out on Tuesday morning doing it. Passed it at Leamington Spa about 1000ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.