• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Yorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJP

Why Doesn't Leeds,Bradford and Wakefield join together and become a HUGE City? They are so close, they may as well.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ben

*cough* What about Huddersfield and Halifax? *cough*

And also this is a Simply Awful Idea

Andrew

AJP said:
Why Doesn't Leeds,Bradford and Wakefield join together and become a HUGE City? They are so close, they may as well.
Why is this in General National Rail discussion?

AJP

158 said:
*cough* What about Huddersfield and Halifax? *cough*

And also this is a Simply Awful Idea

Beacause they are fdurther away ;) And I didnt mean to post in this section;)

Brain wave by AJP :lol:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
AJP said:
It's called the West Yorkshire conurbation , I guess they don't teach that in Geography up in Scotland.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I seem to remember this ridiculous idea was being discussed by John Prescott (:roll:) a while ago - a massive conurbation along the M62 corridor. A terrible idea if you ask me!

AJP

yorkie said:
It's called the West Yorkshire conurbation , I guess they don't teach that in Geography up in Scotland.

:shock: are you calling me dumb, sorry brain box;)

I didnt even take geography

AlexS

Established Member
Hmm - they are suggesting similar in the West Midlands to create a Greater Birmingham composed of Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Coventry, Walsall, Dudley etc etc. I'll fight it tooth and nail, don't need all the funds available being sunk into Birmingham with no consideration for the rest - it's what happened to places like Willenhall and Darlaston when the Metropolitan Boroughs were introduced, and I'm sure it'll happen again.

steve158

you're right there, Alex.

Bilston - near Killed off when Wolverhampton Council took it over

Stourbridge/Brierley Hill - Dudley Council are doing their best to shut them down

West Brom - Does it actually exist as a place any more??

Willenhall does have a big claim to fame though.

it's the headquarters of poundland

Status
Not open for further replies.