• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Yorkshire Day Rover Changes from 22nd July.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solent&Wessex

Established Member
I've not seen this posted on here yet, apologies if it has and I have missed it.

"We’re making some changes to the day ticket range and bringing all paper tickets under the DaySaver banner. These changes will take effect from Monday 22nd July 2019.

So, we’ll be saying goodbye to the current MetroDay and DayRover names and saying hello to DaySavers, as follows:

Old Ticket Name > New Ticket Name
MetroDay > WY DaySaver Bus
Weekender > WY DaySaver Weekender
Metro WY Bus & Train DayRover > WY DaySaver Bus & Train
Metro WY Family Bus & Train DayRover > WY Family DaySaver Bus & Train
N/A > WY Group DaySaver Bus & Train
Metro WY Train DayRover > WY DaySaver Train
Metro WY Concessionary Train DayRover > WY Concessionary DaySaver Train

New Product – the Group DaySaver Bus & Train ticket

We’re also introducing a new product, the Group DaySaver Bus & Train for groups of up to 5 adults, on all buses and trains in West Yorkshire, excluding special services, for unlimited off-peak travel. Priced at £23.00.

Available as a scratch-off ticket from Bus Station Travel Centres or as a prepaid orange and green rail ticket from Rail Station Ticket Offices.

For Your Action!
Please accept valid old DayRover scratch-off tickets and new DaySaver tickets
DaySaver Bus and rail tickets issued from Rail Stations on green and orange ticket stock will be accepted by all rail and bus operators in West Yorkshire.
Please note: WY DaySaver Bus scratch off ticket – The WY is missing due to a printing error.

Ticket > Format > Available from
WY DaySaver Bus > Paper/scratch off > On Bus/Travel Centres
WY DaySaver Weekender > Paper > On Bus
WY DaySaver Bus & Train > Rail ticket/scratch off > Rail Stations/Travel Centres
WY Family DaySaver Bus & Train > Rail ticket/scratch off > Rail Stations/Travel Centres
WY Group DaySaver Bus & Train > Rail ticket/scratch off > Rail Stations/Travel Centres
WY DaySaver Train > Rail ticket > Rail Stations
WY DaySaver Concessionary Train > Rail ticket > Rail Stations

One assumes that seeing as the vast majority of tickets are now to be issued and accepted on normal rail ticket stock, that it would now be possible to purchase them on train if starting from an unstaffed station?

Attachments

• 2019-07-16_20h21_09.jpg
    2019-07-16_20h21_09.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 89
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Andyh82

Established Member
They’ve been called ‘Dayrovers’ since year dot. There is no way anyone will ask for anything else.

I look forward to either asking a bus driver for a ‘WY Daysaver Bus’ or indeed boarding a bus with a Day Saver on orange ticket stock and not expecting to be scrutinised.

There is also the slight problem that Arriva Yorkshire (buses) call their tickets Day Savers already.

ess

The Marketing department must have had a meeting and decided they need to change something to prove they're required.

J.C.

All this tinkering and they still haven't managed to solve the problem of how to integrate the paper ticket range with MCards.

Statto

Established Member
Feels like change for the sake of it, only thing that's new is the adult group daysave, & how much is it all costing?

Going to be fun come next week, when some[retailers & customers], don't know about the change cue confusion.

xotGD

Established Member
It would be nice if we could have some consistency between areas. Day Rover. Day Ranger. Day Saver. Daytripper. All the same ticket type.

Solent&Wessex

Established Member
They’ve been called ‘Dayrovers’ since year dot. There is no way anyone will ask for anything else.

I look forward to either asking a bus driver for a ‘WY Daysaver Bus’ or indeed boarding a bus with a Day Saver on orange ticket stock and not expecting to be scrutinised.

There is also the slight problem that Arriva Yorkshire (buses) call their tickets Day Savers already.

Feels like change for the sake of it, only thing that's new is the adult group daysave, & how much is it all costing?

Going to be fun come next week, when some[retailers & customers], don't know about the change cue confusion.

Confusion also as the Greater Manchester range of tickets are called "Daysavers" and on orange rail ticket stock just print the destination as "Daysaver TB" for example. It will be interesting to see how the West Yorkshire ones print out and how they intend bus drivers and rail staff to distinguish between the two.

TUC

Established Member
Tinkering with names when what is really needed is change such as a higher priced ticket valid on trains in the evening peak.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Tinkering with names when what is really needed is change such as a higher priced ticket valid on trains in the evening peak.

That would be useful - as well as it being easier to buy bus and train day tickets away from staffed rail stations - you can get bus only ones and weekly and monthly tickets on MCards via mobile NFC - and via various shops (if they'll sell you one and if you can find out when they're open - every one I've looked up online has had incorrect opening times).

South Yorkshire years ago managed to sell bus and train tickets on buses - I'm not sure why that can't happen in West Yorkshire (as well as why a bus day ticket is more than a pound more bought on the bus).

If they are to use normal ticket stock, I wonder if there's any plans to make them available from TVMs.

Solent&Wessex

Established Member
That would be useful - as well as it being easier to buy bus and train day tickets away from staffed rail stations - you can get bus only ones and weekly and monthly tickets on MCards via mobile NFC - and via various shops (if they'll sell you one and if you can find out when they're open - every one I've looked up online has had incorrect opening times).

South Yorkshire years ago managed to sell bus and train tickets on buses - I'm not sure why that can't happen in West Yorkshire (as well as why a bus day ticket is more than a pound more bought on the bus).

If they are to use normal ticket stock, I wonder if there's any plans to make them available from TVMs.

I have never worked out why West Yorkshire cannot sell multi-modal tickets on the ticket stock of any of the operators in the scheme.

Manchester manages quite happily with bus drivers selling Daysaver TB tickets on bus ticket stock, or on train staff selling them on paper roll rail ticket stock. Other PTE areas where there are multi modal tickets also manage to do it.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
I wonder if there's any plans to let passengers know about these changes. I can't see anything on the website. There was nothing obvious at Keighley Bus Station or Ilkley Station yesterday.

Solent&Wessex

Established Member
I wonder if there's any plans to let passengers know about these changes. I can't see anything on the website. There was nothing obvious at Keighley Bus Station or Ilkley Station yesterday.

The staff briefing indicated that a publicity campaign will start on the 22nd with posters, leaflets etc etc available from that date.

paddington

Any experiences since these changes? I have never used any of these products before under the old or new name. Shall I say Day Saver or Day Rover when asking to buy one?

If using Grand Central from Doncaster to Bradford, would they sell me a Doncaster-Wakefield return (looks to be cheaper than Doncaster-Pontefract) plus one of these on board?

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Manchester manages quite happily with bus drivers selling Daysaver TB tickets on bus ticket stock, or on train staff selling them on paper roll rail ticket stock. Other PTE areas where there are multi modal tickets also manage to do it.

Sort of manages happily. I've had all sorts of issues with acceptance with the likes of "That's a Stagecoach ticket" for years and there's been no real improvement since the things were introduced in about 2000.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Any experiences since these changes? I have never used any of these products before under the old or new name. Shall I say Day Saver or Day Rover when asking to buy one?

If using Grand Central from Doncaster to Bradford, would they sell me a Doncaster-Wakefield return (looks to be cheaper than Doncaster-Pontefract) plus one of these on board?

I've got a stock of paper dayrovers with dates until 2020 (although they won't last until the end of that year), so so far I've been using Day Rovers since the change.

The only publicity I've seen is 1 poster at Keighley bus station.

Yorkshire222

I bought a WY train-only ticket from a conductor recently (26/11/19) and it says "Day Rover" on the ticket. Seems like nobody has bothered to update the computer systems with the new name.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
I bought a WY train-only ticket from a conductor recently (26/11/19) and it says "Day Rover" on the ticket. Seems like nobody has bothered to update the computer systems with the new name.

I bought some scratch off tickets last week.

Still called "Day Rovers' though the receipt said Day Saver.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Presumably that was old stock. I bought several scratch off tickets a few months back and they are "Day Saver".

Presumably it was. But it was 6 months after they said they were 'saying goodbye' to the Dayrover name.

Status
Not open for further replies.