• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Yorkshire Day Rover evening restriction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyndhurst25

Established Member
I still have 2 or 3 scratch-off West Yorkshire Day Rovers that were bought before the evening restriction period for train travel was introduced in 2014. Am I right in thinking that I can still use them in the evening peak period? Somewhere I have printout from the WYmetro website saying that old Northern would honour the old tickets' terms and conditions, but will new Northern do the same? I suspect the chances of hassle from guards and barrier staff are high. If I wait a couple of weeks they might even try to penalty fare me!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hawk1911

I still have 2 or 3 scratch-off West Yorkshire Day Rovers that were bought before the evening restriction period for train travel was introduced in 2014. Am I right in thinking that I can still use them in the evening peak period? Somewhere I have printout from the WYmetro website saying that old Northern would honour the old tickets' terms and conditions, but will new Northern do the same? I suspect the chances of hassle from guards and barrier staff are high. If I wait a couple of weeks they might even try to penalty fare me!
West Yorkshire Metro still have the link on their website, which states:
DayRovers validity
From Monday 8 September, Northern Rail will continue to accept pre-purchased DayRover tickets that do not mention the evening peak restriction in the terms and conditions on the reverse. New DayRover tickets showing the forthcoming evening peak restrictions in the terms and conditions will be printed soon and will not be valid between 1601 and 1829, Monday to Friday.
http://www.wymetro.com/peak-restrictions/

I assume that this would still cover it, despite the change of franchise holder.

Interestingly, the 'new' scratch-off West Yorkshire Day Rovers, that I've purchased, still don't specifically mention the evening peak restriction.

Starmill

Veteran Member
It depends. Does it just not mention the restriction information? Or does it give restriction information? If the latter, then comply with the restrictions given.

Penalty Fares are not given to passengers who travel at times when their tickets are not valid.

lyndhurst25

Established Member
Interestingly, the 'new' scratch-off West Yorkshire Day Rovers, that I've purchased, still don't specifically mention the evening peak restriction.

I've noticed that too, but it does say something that you should check the restrictions online, so I suppose that allows them to change the restrictions again without having to reprint all the tickets they have in stock.

I'll report back if I get any hassle trying to use my tickets.

lyndhurst25

Established Member
It depends. Does it just not mention the restriction information? Or does it give restriction information? If the latter, then comply with the restrictions given.

Penalty Fares are not given to passengers who travel at times when their tickets are not valid.

The old stock tickets just say "should not be used before 9.30 am except on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays" on the back. That's pretty clear but whether or not Northern's gateline security people will be understanding is another matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.