• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Westbury to London alternative route excess

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyB

I recently travelled from Westbury to London on an anytime return ticket route "Newbury", travelling up at peak time to Paddington. The fare was £167.50 with a travelcard. On the way back, it turned out to be more convenient for me to travel from Waterloo via Salisbury. On enquiring at Waterloo ticket office, I was informed that I would have to excess my ticket to a ticket routed "Any Permitted" for an additional £24, even though a ticket on the route via Salisbury is considerably cheaper. I have looked at the very useful fares guide on this forum regarding change of route, but I am not certain as to whether it was right to charge this excess for travel on a cheaper route. Can anyone advise? Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
The ticket office was incorrect. The Route WARMSTER-SALSBRY fare was cheaper so no excess fare was due.

Status
Not open for further replies.