• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Western knowledge quiz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
here are some questions for you to see if you know my local area well!
no cheating please, you can, but, whats the point!

1. How many cars can just fit in at Melksham station? - 2

2. how long does it take to get from Thingley Jct to Chippenham coming from the Melksham line?

3. Chippenham has 3 platforms, what services are on which platforms (ie platform xx for xx bound trains...) 1, london bound, 2 bristol bound

4. What platform does the 2211 Swindon - Westbury depart at Swindon?

5. What is the number of the BR blue shunter at Westbury? - 08947

6. what does 150 266's name have connection with my local area?

7. what are the car stop boards put up at each lampost at Trowbridge on platform 1?

8. Did our village once have a station? - nope

9. Finally, if the beeching era did not exist and all the stations had stayed, what would the stops be from Westbury - Chippenham?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
:shock:

Tough quiz!

1) 2 carriages at a tight fit, maybe 3.

Re: question 2, let's guess at...7 minutes?

3) Clever, one of the platforms is OOU. I believe platform 1 is for London-bound trains, platform 2 for Bristol-bound trains. I'm not sure which way round the platform numbers are now though.

4) I'm guessing platform 3.

8) If you're thinking of Atworth, I believe it did once.

Can't think of answers for the rest.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
1) 2, yes ill let you off with that one

2) little less than that

3) yep

4) nope

8) ooops my location still says Melksham, well im only 1-2 miles out, yes i mean Atworth nr Melksham and no, we didnt have a station, a bit too far from the track as well!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
3) 5 minutes?

4) Can't be platform 2 can it? I seem to remember it going from p3 when I last did it (oh yeah, who's done the 0912 off Melksham? :lol: *Claps hands three times above head*)

6) Whitley Wonder, I believe it is something near you, I can't tell what though.

Status
Not open for further replies.