• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Western Route Welfare Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

johncleese

Dear all

I hope this is in the right place - If not I’d appreciate some steer from the mods.

I’d like to invite employees and volunteers of railway contractors and heritage railways to the 3rd annual Western Route Welfare Conference, by Bristol Parkway on Wed 26th June.

This began as a personal initiative as part of Rail Safety Week in 2017 and has grown to a capacity this year of 160 delegates. The theme of the conference is that Wellbeing Means Safety, with a range of topics being explored: keynote speakers will address delegates on powerful issues, interspersed with shorter pieces from a number of cross-industry welfare partners. There will be a competition for a practical solution to improve welfare – and therefore safety – along with a Q&A session including speakers from Network Rail, Rail Accident Investigation Branch, and the RMT and TSSA unions.

There’s a large amount of visibility across the route for this event, with it being supported by Mark Langman, our route MD and sponsored by Tim Ball, Chief Operating Officer and Paul Clark, Head of Route Safety Health & Environment. We already have delegates anticipated from partners including GWR, the Railway Mission, First Transport Solutions, British Transport Police, Resonate, Siemens, Alstom, the Cholsey & Wallingford Railway, and the Didcot Railway Centre and a whole host of others.

The event will also hold a small raffle in aid of AKT, the Albert Kennedy Trust, supporting young LGBTQ+ people who are forced into homelessness.

If you can come, please register via [email protected] to confirm, or feel free to email or call me with any queries.

Thanks

James

Status
Not open for further replies.