• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Weston Super Mare Disruption (19/03)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
1E63, 1525 from Plymouth to Leeds tonight appears (according to RTT) to have been overtaken by 1E67, 1625 from Plymouth to Leeds (at Temple Meads, I think).

With RTT currently showing both trains will be sitting in New Street at 2003 when 1E67 is due out, is there any reason to think that XC might send 1E63 out first and so restore the original order?

Mitchell Hurd

On Moderation
As a result of the broken down Turbo train and someone hit by a train between Tiverton and Exeter (sorry to be exact) the 14:25 from Plymouth to Edinburgh from Taunton is currently a 7-coach HST instead of a 4-coach Voyager and is approx 2 hours 10 minutes late at present. The 13:51 from Taunton was approx 3 hours 27 minutes into Bristol Temple Meads and I believe terminated at Birmingham New Street at 19:23.

One other good thing about the XC HST's is they bring out common sense in XC, today in particular - the last train between Taunton and Edinburgh having enough seats / standing space at least!

Andy Pacer

Established Member
Just seen the disruption in Derby, both were announced as High Speed Train services but are now spaced out by about 25 mins.

In fact an edit - the latest one of the pair is actually the 1425 ex Plymouth and despite only just having left Derby is still allegedly going all the way to Edinburgh, not the 1525 or 1625 as previously mentioned, so a bad day all round with all three now running within around 25 min of each other.

Master29

Established Member
There has also been significant disruption regarding two serious incidents at Weston Super Mare and between Exeter and Tiverton respectively. This may also have a bearing.

Established Member
There has also been significant disruption regarding two serious incidents at Weston Super Mare and between Exeter and Tiverton respectively. This may also have a bearing.
This has caused all the problems with these services.

Plethora

XC like to overtake chronically delayed services in order to maintain the timetable for the other service. This further exacerbates 'platform bingo' at New Street as they try to ensure the maximum passengers miss their train, board a service to Stansted, or at the very least get a thorough workout.

I'm generally young and alert enough to notice the platform changes and get to the platform in time. Good luck to anyone with mobility issues, you're going to Stansted at best.

Established Member
XC like to overtake chronically delayed services in order to maintain the timetable for the other service. This further exacerbates 'platform bingo' at New Street as they try to ensure the maximum passengers miss their train, board a service to Stansted, or at the very least get a thorough workout.

I'm generally young and alert enough to notice the platform changes and get to the platform in time. Good luck to anyone with mobility issues, you're going to Stansted at best.
The platform alterations have nothing to do with the TOC...

Established Member
As a result of the broken down Turbo train and someone hit by a train between Tiverton and Exeter (sorry to be exact) the 14:25 from Plymouth to Edinburgh from Taunton is currently a 7-coach HST instead of a 4-coach Voyager and is approx 2 hours 10 minutes late at present. The 13:51 from Taunton was approx 3 hours 27 minutes into Bristol Temple Meads and I believe terminated at Birmingham New Street at 19:23.

One other good thing about the XC HST's is they bring out common sense in XC, today in particular - the last train between Taunton and Edinburgh having enough seats / standing space at least!
The HST had a very slow afternoon in the Taunton area after terminating of the Leeds service at 1100. Then from my understanding it made the 1425 Exeter to Taunton (via Western Super Mare?) before working the 1425 from Plymouth after Taunton to get it back to Edinburgh for this morning arriving 95 Late at 0038.

Established Member
The HST had a very slow afternoon in the Taunton area after terminating of the Leeds service at 1100. Then from my understanding it made the 1425 Exeter to Taunton (via Western Super Mare?) before working the 1425 from Plymouth after Taunton to get it back to Edinburgh for this morning arriving 95 Late at 0038.
Pretty much yeah. I was glad that it made a lot of time back up.

Llanigraham

Established Member
They do if XC take a policy decision to overtake a late running service.

Really?
Since when have the TOC's been instructing Network Rail signallers?

And platforming decisions are also under the instruction of the signallers as well.

DarloRich

Veteran Member

why do posters here see conspiracy everywhere?

They do if XC take a policy decision to overtake a late running service.

could you explain to me the mechanism by which the signaler is ordered to accommodate this decision?

Established Member
Pretty much yeah. I was glad that it made a lot of time back up.
Got something right for once :D. It did do well considering it was on a voyager schedule. 106 Late at Tamworth was the biggest delay so it made up 11 minuets although journey check was saying it was running 128 late at one point.

Status
Not open for further replies.