• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Weston /Taunton Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halsebee

I need to travel from Weston Super Mare to Manchester, coming back next day but returning to Taunton, with a flexible ticket. My times allow off peak tickets.
What is the best ticket to buy?
Is it Taunton Manchester return, allowing me to start at Weston?
Or is it Weston Manchester return, and asking for an overdistance excess to Taunton? The problem with this is that the return train won't go through weston, but will bypass it direct from Bristol to Taunton.
Or any other suggestions please?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OwlMan

Established Member
What time do you wish to depart on your outward journey?

The Off Peak return from Taunton is £85-60 and valid after 0500 outward;

The Off Peak return from Weston is £72-40 and valid outward after 0930 if you obtain an excess from Weston to Taunton for the return journey it would cost £6-60 bringing the total cost upto £79-00 saving you £6-60.

Peter

bnm

Established Member
Not sure, but I think you will need to change at Bristol on the return leg onto a service that calls at WSM for your overdistance excess to be valid. Anyone know different?

At 1818 and 2015 there are FGW HST services that depart Bristol and call at WSM en route to Taunton, slighter better than getting onto a local stopping service. There's also an all shacks HST at 2217 from Bristol.

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
I don't think that's right, but then again excesses are not my strong point! AFAIAK, the ticket, once excessed, just becomes a new ticket from Manchester to Taunton, but if a speerate Weston - Taunton single was bought, then the customer would have to travel via Weston (unless one ticket was a season!).

Status
Not open for further replies.