• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Weymouth 31s & exciting things!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

Established Member
HI
Yesterday was the date off the long awatied Weymouth 31 meet. In attendance were H-O-W & Sprinter both have a connection in there names with the Line.

We met up at Westbury at 08.00 for the GNER HST. My Camera put itself on standby (tell me next time) so I didn't get a pick off it. Sprinter was doing heads out all the way there along with James. I was doing some "Earwigging" as the people sat infront are regs. Apparently they are doing the old Weymouth diagram 27th Aug + pos for Weymouth Carnival. Once in Weymouth we walked along the platform & took some pics. We wen't to 31601 to do the same & all off us got in the cab. :P . I got some great pics.

We wen't to the bus depot (outside) & took some pics then a bloke came & said he didn't want us to without asking in the office FIRST(pun) (Unrepetable words spoken behiond his back) We then got a Dennis Dart (allocated to 31's) to Portland. When we got there, we went to a spot were you can take pics off busses going up the hill with Chisal Beech in the Background. Saw ex Baths W809 UMA on number 1!!! Also was W377 EOW!!!. The place we wen't was hilly. It was like speed humps. Later on we played a cool game called bus trials.

We got a Crusador to Portland Southwell then a Olly to The bill.

*HAD PUB LUNCH

We then got a 501 back (BRISTOL VR!!!) to Portland Hotel (The humps) We done some walking (Jim fell over). We then got to a point & picked a bus. Then you had to make the noise off that bus & drive it round a steep course.

*Sprinter was a DENNIS ARROW :roll: . He charged down the downhill bit. Went round the Rock then when coming back... FELL INTO A BUSH!!!! After that he carried on going then CRASHED AGAIN. This time on a speed Hump (tripped over a stone) He had an oil leek (cut) He finished the course in 3.29 mins.

*H-O-W. It was time for H-O-W SOLO next. He done the course perfectlly with no crashes or wrong turns. finished in 2.29

*Dad. He was a man pushing a wheelbowrow & went the wrong way He said "My wheel was wonky" :lol: He finished it in 3.27

*I was an EOW Volvo & walked the course because a carred for the passengers. If anyone wants to know my love off EOW Volvos & why then MSN me & I will explain.

We got EOW back to Weymouth. Went to the beer shop.
Went home

VERY GOOD. PICS ON MY FOTOPIC
Jim

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Sounds like it was a fun meet! Wish I'd been able to do it.

The bus trials sound fun! I'd have been the only one to do have done a 42 (low-floor Dart) around it, I wonder how I'd have fared (is there a pun intended? :lol: ) on that course!

Galvanize

If I was there, I'd be a Stagecoach London Trident!

Yes, I do bus/train sound effects too but not in public :oops:

And announcments!

Sprinter

My journey for this meet started at London Victoria at 1540 when I boarded the 1600 Megabus to Bristol, heavy traffic near Junction 13 of the M4 impeded our progress but still got into Bristol Centre slighty earlier than the timetabled 1900. Then I walked Victoria Street to BTM and wait for my 2022 to Trowbridge (I got to BTM earlier than expected so I could of got the earlier 1922 to Trowbridge!!).

Whilst at BTM I saw 158870 come in with a Weymouth service and then 143612 copuled up onto 870 and the ensemble departed on the 1940 to Westbury. My train duly arrived, as it was a semi fast only calling at Bath and then Trowbridge. Heart-of-Wessex met me at Trowbridge and we walked to the main bus tops in Trowbridge to await the 2130 route 234 to Melksham, which turned out to be Solo 53817

I started Saturday by getting the 0716 route 234 from Melksham to Trowbridge, which was Dennis Arrow 425 (31925, R425 ULE) LOVELY!!! First (pun) time I have rode an Arrow since they left London, unbelieveable but true. Had quite a brisk run down to Trowbridge only picking up three other passengers along the way. At Trowbridge I walked to get the 0742 WSX service to Westbury, this is where I met up with Jim and his dad.

At Westbury, we missed the 31s starting up and none of us could get a perfect shot of the GNER HST which powered through on route to Paignton and the WSX train to Brighton was worked by CT livieried 158783. Then the 31s chugged out of the sidings to take up position on platform 2, mad dash for the front door (as always) but surprisingly not many people wanted a droplight so I did H-O all the wey (pun) to Weymouth.

We got pictures of both locos when at Weynouth (31601 Weymouth end, 31454 London end) and the we got photos of the controls inside the cab of 601, which was great. After exiting the station we decided do some First Dorset buses, so if we went across the raod to get some numbers of busesn parked on Weymouth depot forecourt, but a jobsworth soon put a stop to that! As we walked past the front of the depot We saw 42820 (S820 KPR) doing an odd working on route 1, instead of its usual haunt route 31, for which it is branded for!

More in part 2......

Jim

Established Member
Errrm, part 2 :P
Galvinze: You could off come - I didn't stop you - You could have got there

Galvanize

I went to that Diesel gala in East Sussex, so it would've been difficult.

Oh well, when me, Jim, HOW and Sprinter (and Jim's dad) meet up in the future some time, we'll find somewhere to play 'bus trials'

Status
Not open for further replies.