• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Weymouth Quay window sticker

Status
Not open for further replies.

SargeNpton

Established Member
Having a tidy-up at home and came across this. No idea where I acquired it from. As it's unused I doubt that it was from my sole trip to the quay.

Attachments

• Weymouth Quay.jpg
    Weymouth Quay.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 121
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ashley Hill

Established Member
A collectable of the future. Now that lines finally bit the dust even more so. Could you have acquired it from Collectors Corner? There was a huge board just inside the entrance that was covered with various stickers and labels that were available to purchase.

Veteran Member
Indeed - though I imagine itvwas attached to lavatory doors not windows?

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Oh, yes, you would not want anything coming down from the loo and splatting onto the streets, the mess the seagulls leave is bad enough. (I wonder what happens in Europe where there is still street running in a number of places, both by regular service trains and also steam/diesel heritage lines, some still do not have retention tanks.?) I wish that I had had the opportunity to travel on the Weymouth Quay branch. I think the last train down there was a special, a few years ago.

SargeNpton

Established Member
The grey stripes down the side are the sticky bits. If this were attached to the door the writing wouldn't be visible. Had to be a window sticker for it to be legible.

Ashley Hill

Established Member
This sticker features in the latest Branch Line Society magazine. It suggests these were used on one of the charters on the branch but to me it looks far older,perhaps pre 1980s.

Veteran Member
The grey stripes down the side are the sticky bits. If this were attached to the door the writing wouldn't be visible. Had to be a window sticker for it to be legible.
Good point, sorry. They went on the doors, says BLN.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.