• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Whale in the thames

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

devon_metro

Established Member
Jim said:
feltham2104 said:
dvn1357 said:
feltham2104 said:
Jordy said:
Because it swam up the thames maybe? ;)

Jordy

So if i swam up the thames and then got stuck and diea would i get the same treatment and fame as the whale?

Probably ;)

It's not every day someone swims up the thames...

... and dies!

I wouldnt make it passed the thames barrier as i cant swim!

:lol: Join the club in "Can't Swim" :P TBH, I doubt if you would get any fame, after all, there are so many bodies washed up each year, they have a mortary at Tower bridge IRRC :!:

Who would want to swim in the Thames, looks like a black sludge and the currents (from what i have seen of it) look treacherous. Although swimming in river estuarys is not something i do :roll: <D

Sprog

Established Member
Actually, the thames is one of the cleanest rivers in the UK...........

Met Driver

Established Member
It's actually the cleanest 'city river' in Europe. You wouldn't think so judging by its appearance, but it is!

Jim

Established Member
Seth said:
It's actually the cleanest 'city river' in Europe. You wouldn't think so judging by its appearance, but it is!

Beat me to it, it is beacuse it has a 'tide' so to speak, all the must washes around...

Jim

Established Member
Beaker said:
im sure there was a rule abotu Text speal

By the way what does it mean ( sorry i dont have Hande (mobile phone))

It says in the rules that common abbreations are permitted....

Sprog

Established Member
Seth said:

Oh really! :o Didnt realise it was that good, but ta for the info! :)

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I've got pictures of, and heard stories from my late nan of her, and other people sunbathing and playing in the sand (some was brought in), beside the Thames, over 50 years ago.

Met Driver

Established Member
Mojo said:
I've got pictures of, and heard stories from my late nan of her, and other people sunbathing and playing in the sand (some was brought in), beside the Thames, over 50 years ago.

IIRC there was a proposal to do something like that again (one of Ken's ideas I believe), but the plans were opposed by one of the local councils (possibly Tower Hamlets, but I'm not completely sure).

TheSlash

Established Member
Seth said:
Seth should know, he has a bath in it each day, just before filling up his water baskets to take home for the daily drinking water 8) ;)

metrocammel

Mojo said:

Yes, I heard about the "traditional" beach, and I believe it was under Tower Bridge, AFAIK, the majority of the "sand" was natural silt that had built up, but was just as good as sand for people who couldnt get down to Clacton or wherever....

Status
Not open for further replies.