• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What a Suprise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Some of you might know that my dad had a suprise for me on monday the 3rd, well he hinted at it being railway orinatated, on monday morning he gave me an envolope, i opened it and inside was a red cab pass meaning i had to be with some one holding a blue or green cab pass, we set off for woking i didnt have a clue where or what we we're going to cab so at woking dad sent me to the loo saying we could be in the cab for along time while in the loo something came rumbling in, i walked out on to the platform to be greeted by my beast 960012, we left woking for waterloo via ADDLESTONE!!! and the hounslow loop, we went up on the fast as far as byfleet and new haw then waited for a 455 to depart then crossed over on down the byfleet curve, then over addlestone junction at 45 in a 50 limit the bubble car was bouncing every where! we passed my dads house and tooted up then proceeded following the up weybridge stopper, we were up yellows most of the way, on arrival at waterloo we had a 5 minute turn round, we were put in on top of a 450, also on the way up we passed a 67 on the serco and a 67 pullnig a 377 to derby at clapham. quick photo opertunity, of the 67 and bubble car then off to waterlo, on the way back we were on the approach to claphan, the staf and my dad daring me to take a picture of the enthueasts on the end of the platform (sorry if it was anyone of here!) we then had greens all the way to barnes where we diverged roudn the hounslow loop again, with a clear run through we mainaged to obtain line speed from syons lane to brentford a rare accocation for the bubble car, we then apprached the junction to converge with the down reading lines, we ran into staines and grabbed a cuppa out teh mess room and carried on out merry way to salisbury, once again we passed my dads house adn then down to addlestone junctino where we were held awaiting a clear mainline, then it was on the slow line alt eh way to basingstoke then over taking a voyager in the station which later on over took up again, on the way down there was a queue of trains due to a siganl failure at basingstoke, included in this queue was 47841(beast) and 2505 going of for refub, we then had a clear adn uneventful run to sailsbury arriving about 15:00 ish me and dad then cabbed a 159 up the mainline to woking was fun! 90 MPH to farnborough main coxster!! we then caught the train home and dad presented with a certificate to say that id had a cab ride. what a day Pic will be up when i get back to dorset in two weeks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

feltham2104, I saw you at Clapham Junction then! Were you heading through platform 6 at around midday?

Coxster

Established Member
feltham2104 said:
90 MPH to farnborough main coxster!!
On the several occasions I have 'cabbed' Farnborough it has been on a stopper/semi-fast so never 'shot through' it.

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
feltham2104, I saw you at Clapham Junction then! Were you heading through platform 6 at around midday?

Yer going down or up, we stopped on the way up i got out got a pic and photted the 67 and 377 and we didnt stop on the way down.

Is out everyday this week and every day next week!

Coxster

Established Member
Dad said he saw it go passed his work yesterday in the up direction IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.