• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What Aircrafts have flew past your area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian G

Established Member
As I live under the flight path arriving for Heathrow for Runway 27R
These are the Planes I have seen flying past
Boeing 747-400- BA,Korean Air,Singapore Airlines, Qantas
Airbus 319/32x - BA,Bmi, Iberia,Aer Lingus
Airbus A330 - Bmi, United Airlines
Airbus A340 - Air Canada
Boeing 737 - LOT,Bmi,
CRJ - Lufthansa Cityline
Bae146 - Lufthansa Cityline
Boeing 757 - BA
Boieng 767 - LOT*,BA
Boeing 777 - BA
Tupolev-Tu154**- Aeroflot
Concorde
Boeing 707

* It's very rare for a LOT 767 to be allox on Europeans
** These make a lot of noise, I remember my first flight to Warsaw on it

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dennis

Established Member
About the only aircraft I ever see are Hercules C130's from Lyneham. These practice parachute drops (seems to be much more freight rather than passengers) at nearby Keevil Airfield so they can be flying quite low and with the back doors open. Always nice to watch these classic aircraft in action.

Keevil airfield is best described as semi-active and not a military base at all. Many years ago I was having a drive around there when things started falling from the sky - most unexpected and surprising. :cya:

devon_metro

Established Member
We get all of the Spain, parts of France, Jersey and Guernsey and more over Torbay, normally annoucne when passing 'Berry head' to Bristol and Exeter.

Too high up to see what they are though, not that i would know. It's either Jumbo jet 747, sharps, tubro prop or Easyjet :p

Coxster

Established Member
Airbus A380, Red Arrows and a selection of military aircraft such as fighter jets and those chinock(?) helicoptors...

...and whatever else comes to the airshow ;) Planes all look the same to me.

Bighat

Coxster said:
Airbus A380, Red Arrows and a selection of military aircraft such as fighter jets and those chinock(?) helicoptors...

...and whatever else comes to the airshow ;) Planes all look the same to me.

The helicopter(s) are RAF CH47C Chinooks (mainly) from 18 Squadron, based at Odiham. Occasionally, U.S. Army models visit from Germany. The A380 has only visited the UK once. I missed the bloody thing!

Lesjordans

Coming into Glasgow Runway 23, the typical lot seem to be Globespan 737-800 Winglets, Easyjet 737-700, Air Scotland 757, And the Usual charter 757/767/A320

compsci

I've had quite a few helicopters (not sure of type) flying past the office window at about eye level. My office is currently on the 30th floor of a building a little south of the Brooklyn Bridge.

Not sure if it counts as an aircraft, but a helium balloon shot past the windows (fuelled by the tail end of a hurricane) earlier today. Everyone burst out laughing.

Sprinter

I have had a number of special aircraft fly virtaully over the end of my garden, many in connection with royal fly-pasts along The Mall as East London is where these formations get into position before heading off towards Buckingham Palace. Therefore I have seen the Red Arrows, Concorde and even the only Spitfire & Lancaster passed for flying in my area (some of which I still have on videotape).

Apart from the specials, I also get regular scheduled services fly over as I am in a flight path of LCA, fortanately they have gained enough by the time they reach Walthamstow so I hardly hear them.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
737s to Coventry Airport and other random small ish planes

LucaZone

Everything thats ever flown into Heathrow or Northolt :)

Yet Concorde has been the only airecraft ever to cause an entire area to stop and look up at the sky. When it flew for BA< at 10.45 every day, you could guarrentee people would stop what they were doing, go outside or look up at the sky and watch her fly off to New York.

Class_31

Mainly the Police helicopter round here!!:o Do get the army helicopter run on Fridays quite often too, usually chinooks(?). Also Typhoons, Tornados, training Hawks all from Warton.

I think thats right, I'm not the plane expert in the family!:dontknow:

Class_31;)

AJP

I get mainly 737's leaving Doncaster Robin Hood, and oxassionaly 757 or 747's.

And loads of helicopter mainly the copper chopper.

Tom B

Established Member
I get mainly 737's leaving Doncaster Robin Hood, and oxassionaly 757 or 747's.

And loads of helicopter mainly the copper chopper.

Ditto, surprisingly. I went to take a peek at the airport yesterday - took a taxi, sorry airport bus, and had a wander around the terminal and the bit outside. Lots of ex-RAF buildings in use for ancilliary activities.

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Mostly big ones from East Midlands Airport, but occasionally when on the GCR I've had a number of WW2 era planes buzzing around, including some Spitfires, a Lancaster, a Dakota and a few others, and not all at the WW2 weekend either.

It's certainly something to see one fly above a steam hauled train, especially if they're flying pretty low and alongside the train (as happened with two spitfires).

Guinness

Established Member
Depending on what the winds are, that decide flight plans around Manchester, I occasionally get a variety living near the Airport.

A319/320/321
B752/3
B762/3
B773
B744
B733/4/5
A332/3

Then loads of Russian Crap.....

nutter

Tiny little single engine trainers in the RAF (cosford) and gliders. If you include airshowd then it's

Eurofighter
Hawks
Tornado's
Jaguars
737 DHL last year
Spitfire, Hurricane, Lincon
Harrier
Hercules
Mirage

and lots more, i only rmember the noisy ones, or fast. we had the vulcan (it's been saved :p) and concorde once

Ascot

Established Member
Birmingham Airport (BHX/EGBB) everything on finals to runway 15 or departure on 33 and as i live 2.5 D away i get to see them turn perfectly on the CPTs and i see them on Downwinds on a good day from Chase or Grove. :D

EDIT: List as of September 2006 is
100=Fokker 100
142=146-200
143=146-300
310=Scarebus 310-202
313=Scarebus 310-300
319,320,321,332's
733,4,5,8,9,A,H,W's
752,3's
762,3's
772,Ws
AB6's= Airbus 300-600s
RJ100's, 85s
ATR-42s
CRJ-100s
Do 328s
Dash-8Q4
Emb135,145
F70s
J32,41s
MD83/7
MD90-30s
Saab 2000
TU154s

And some MD902s, GA's, and the odd C-130, C-17, VC-10 or Tristar from Brize MATZ

Airlines are: well look on www.thebhx.co.uk as i'm not listing them all right now. Oh and we also got a 737 with only 2 bogies on the Landing Gear parked up on 24.

trainman

Where I live in the Fens of Cambridgeshire, we get a large variety of air traffic, but mainly the Tankbuster A10's from local Yank air base or Tornado's from RAF Marham and both SCREAMING just above our home with their afterburners switched on, on a near daily basis, making it hard to even think, let alone hear talking. If it isn't them, then it is C130's quite high up, but most bearable, passenger jets now and again, private aircraft, other Military or the Fuzz, including at 04.30 recently when a large drugs raid took place and then everybody thought they were landing in our road. The noise from that was not only deafening, but horrendous and we never as expected, even got an apology from them.

I DO Love to see the Battle of Britain flight passing over. Every now and then, we MIGHT be lucky to get a WW2 aircraft fly nearby and from Duxford. After the local news this week, I doubt we will get ANY flying from Duxford after this season. Somebody named Dick Head, wants to build a Motorway Services area directly opposite the end of the runway into Duxford, claiming there are none on the M11, which is well known, but at Bishop Stortford and across from turn off for Stansted Airport, there IS A SERVICE AREA and charging Motorway prices for everything they can. I should know as I worked that way for two years and still pass it when going to Essex.

Status
Not open for further replies.