• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What are people from Liverpool called

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mutant Lemming

Established Member
Wacker was a term used much as duck is in the East Midlands and Stoke.
There was a TV Series called The Wackers which introduced the world to Keith Chegwin.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PeterY

Established Member
Down here, in the deep south, we call people from Liverpool, Scousers. Some of the other terms I've never even heard of.

prod_pep

Established Member
I've lived in Liverpool almost all my life and have only heard Liverpudlian or Scouser.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
I call them Robbing Scou............. no best not go there ;)

NOTE: OBVIOUSLY THAT IS A JOKE!

( I have to add that before the professionally offended brigade start! Anyway there must be some married parents on Merseyside)

Mutant Lemming

Established Member
I call them Robbing Scou............. no best not go there ;)

NOTE: OBVIOUSLY THAT IS A JOKE!

( I have to add that before the professionally offended brigade start! Anyway there must be some married parents on Merseyside)

Though it may be a joke it isn't one you would do for say for instance about 'Thick Paddies' or 'Jamaican Yardies' or 'Ice cream van Wops' . It isn't so much a case of the 'offended brigade' as much as the people making the 'jokes' are too sh*t scared of making any vaguely racial jokes so go for a 'safe' option of regional jibes. The principal is still the same though really - joking about someone because of where they are born or hail from and why it should differ because the place is a region as opposed to a country. Am not concerned about people making jokes or slagging off where I come from - just get fed up because the people doing it haven't got the balls to make the same kind of jokes about people or places because it might offend.

43021HST

Established Member
As a Readingipolitan who'd lived in Deeside a few years ago ...

I noticed many of the scousers that used to commute to Deeside for work, would insist on being called 'Evertonian' on account of their team they supported, rather ludicrous.
Funnily enough, call anyone from Deeside, a scouser and they'd get awfully offended. Although they're happy to call anyone within a 50 mile radius of London a cockney on account of their accent.

Though it may be a joke it isn't one you would do for say for instance about 'Thick Paddies' or 'Jamaican Yardies' or 'Ice cream van Wops' . - just get fed up because the people doing it haven't got the balls to make the same kind of jokes about people or places because it might offend.

I agree, the same tired jokes about regional stereotypes does get very dull. I find they're in the same un-creative league as Mother-in-law, Wife gags and any Jim Davidson routine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.