• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

what are the chances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

Established Member
hey there people.
well heres my story and no im not bragging but it's about what i saw today basically i decided to go to derby to see 55022 got there waited around took some snaps of a few unit's and what do you know she turned up (although on the other side of the station) so task done.
now it got strange basically I was killing some time waiting for my train to tamworth and lowe and behold 37413 turns up which just blew me away being a person with little tractor experience so she stopped in the yard to the side of the platforms did a crew change then left.
at this point I was thinking I was going mad but as I was walking across the bridge towards the shop I see a 31 coming towards the station this was I legged it towards the platoform i was orginally on witha slide down the banister and even more surprising it was on a dbso test which has been a working i have been after for a while.
and well this was follwed by a few hst's and the fastline 56 which is never bad.

so derby over and done with and me on my way to tamworth and managing to pass the fastline 56 so i was given a second chance to get a shot which well usually takes alot of energy.

so i got to tamworth and decided to stick to the westcoast mainline because i was feeling some AC withdrawral syndrome.
so waited around see a class 90 and some 66.

Now i bet your thinking so what can he possibily say to shock me.
well ill try my best so waiting around for some traction to come around the corner and i seen a 67 and thought isnt that more of an ecml thing 67's and seen some stock behind it and thought hmmm stock move!!!

how wrong i was how about the ROYAL TRAIN yes it got that random.

and all of this was topped off by two more class 90's.

so to put it simply if you go out and you manage to see a deltic,the royal train,a test train and a rather heritage crew change is it just good luck or something else.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CraigS

Established Member
Sounds like a you had a good day then but surely it was DRS 37423 you saw and not 37413 as thats stored (I think) at Margam depot in Wales.

Phoenix

Established Member
yeah your right craig yeah it was 423 but yeah ill shortly have all the photos uploaded on my fotopic.

Phoenix

Established Member
Well jst if you cant reply to a private message about what you just said it seems that your more childish than me.
All I was doing is defending myself and unless you actually have something about the railways to talk about I suggest you keep quiet.

1D53

Established Member
People don't sit all the time online you know, sometimes you might have to wait for people to get online. Since my last post i've got dressed, had breakfast, left the house, walked to the station and boarded a train, not really had time to reply until now.

Status
Not open for further replies.