• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What are you doing tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom

yorkie is asking and wondering what people are doing tomorrow ... that's all I have to ask!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
I would like to go to Peterborough and the NVR but I can't :( Nor can I go to the EKR AGM ;)

Ben

Carrying Boxes down the side of The Penistone Line! (oh, what fun!)

theblackwatch

Established Member
Not decided yet....

Either a Derbyshire Wayfarer, or the Great Central for the 2x20s and required kettle from Bo'ness (80105). Depends how I feel in the morning. May also call in at Booths on the way south.

Dave A

Going shopping in Oxford Street, IF i can get there, bloody London Underground suspensions....

Although I'd much rather be on a meet! Any going on that will take all day? :mrgreen:

devon_metro

Established Member
Going to Newton Abbot on the Torbay Express to see the GNER hst and the Blue pullman, then back to PGN on an HST to get some h/o over the torbay line :)

Then seeing the blue pullman depart PGN later.

Daniel

Established Member
London Victoria for the BTP Virtual Line up with Class 313, then going around London wherever he decides to take me...

Demps

well its being and gone now, (today; monday) but i got 47703 and merridin emrys +kettle dutchess, i missed the pair of 67's which were to pass later in the day.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
This thread was posted too late for me last night, so I'll say now.

Dean Forest Railway Diesel Haulage Day for me. Had 73101, D9555 and a first-gen DMU for haulage today. FC'd the line to Parkend behind 73101, which was cool. Wasn't bad for haulage the 73, but it got VERY hellfire later on! Had it back to Norchard where we broke for lunch and then the DMU off the Low Level line to Lydney Junction, returning with one of the locos to Lydney Town (I believe it was 73101, will check later), where we had a break due to the timetabling not working quite to the way we hoped. Had a nice cold drink and talked about tons of stuff with heart-of-wessex, got envious at the tours later this month (Middleton Towers on July 27th or something, that made me smack my atlas on my right leg hard three times to smack the anger and envy out of me!), then got the beast formerly known as D9555 to Parkend. Filmed the run-round from the footbridge, then took it back to Lydney Town for a pint. En-route the flailers and bashers came out to play, tons of them on this run! Suffice to say we joined them! D9555 got screams of "MY LORDZ!!!" on its departure from Lydney Town, it clagged and sounded AMAZING! I had a pint of GL cider at the pub by the station, that was awesome! Not had it in ages, was delicious! Had the first-gen DMU again, but this time in the other vehicle to Norchard Low Level, where we filmed and H-O'd the line. The final move was 73101 from the high level line to Lydney Junction, the last train to run southbound to Lydney today. On this move it was truely HELLFIRE! Totally changed my opinions on 73s on diesel mode! Had a 143 back to Lydney though, but it's more mileage on it, and the time went by quick! I enjoyed the bash!

In any case, it was a truely AMAZING day. I WHOLLY recommend doing a DFR Diesel Day, their 14 and 73101 are both awesome. Unfortunately 27066 failed by the looks of it on the morning light engine run to Parkend, so we had it behind 73101 (switched off unfortunately) back to Norchard on that second move. Pity, it would have been cool to see it, but at least we had more 14 action as a result!

VFM today? Mainline run, not amazing TBH, but it did OK at £11.50. 6/10 there I guess. DFR-wise? Hellfire, well worth the money, 8/10, let down only by the lack of 27066 haulage. Never mind, we had excellent runs, only two significant late-running moves.

Tip: Do the DFR for some quality diesel bashes!

nutter

Tommorow i'm having a lye in, then going to the opticians to get my eyes up to PTS standard, then going home and going back to bed (without Jayne unfortunatly :cry: :cry: :oops:) :toothy1:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Now WSXFan's Visit With A Vengence is over, I'll be sleeping tonight until the mid-morning, happy to know I've spent a good deal tonight, to the extent I've just spent £10.55 on a Virgin Advance A Hereford to York on the 11th of August, then £23.75 on a York to Newquay Virgin Advance B (missed the C by circa 15 minutes :'(), then a Virgin Advance C or A for £10.55 (all singles) to Hereford on the 1915 off Newquay, arriving back at Hereford at 1241, where I will doss for circa 5.5 hours for a lift home!

All that mileage, haulage, sightings and overnighting...I'll post the full service plan as a forum meet seperately, but tonight I need some sleep. But I'm now safe in the knowledge I'm getting some hellfire HST bashing on the VXC-hired-in sets (an MML one I'm told). Spent a fair bit of money (£44.85 by me for those tickets, but that's a load of miles to York via Birmingham New Street, several hundred (300+?) to Newquay and a good couple of hundred to Hereford! Only got one hostel night at York booked, which is £14 total (I pay most of it on arrival), so it's not bad for the miles and haulage! 8 hours on a HST, mmm! Loads of H-O to do too!

Anyway, I should get moving, I've got chores to do before bed tonight. I think I need that sleep, although it's far too hot for it!

Craig

Established Member
I've just got home from work (don't be too shocked ;)), second cameraman on a wedding video.

Tomorrow I'm off to the pub with Vikki to spend some of my hard earned cash :D

H

HR2

Tommorow? Re-furbing the kitchen units and continueing the task of sorting out 15,000 music files.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Tomorrow I'm looking at doing a hellfire workout in the gym, wear off some of this excess from the mini-Guiness brewery I seem to have in my belly! Not to mention building up of some strength to go with it!

Whatever I do, it's got to be on the cheap, got to keep all my money now for France, having spent over £45 on fares for August and £11.50 yesterday!

jonb

Established Member
Went round mates in Hounslow and got pi$$ed watching the footie. Sadly am at work now :(

LondonBVE

I going to code Ashbury Station for my Ashbury Network. I have not touch the route for 3 days (yes i know some are worse but for me 3 days i think i am really far as i am always at home and doing nothing so there is no excuse for me to suspend the route coding) besides doing this tomorrow got school.

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Well over the weekend I travelled up to Railchat.co.uk's ChesterVal meet!

Best meet I've ever been to, and not a train in sight (Apart from Kinlet Hall on saturday morning)! Best thing was it was all for charity.. live bands, booze, meeting the legendary George W Dixon and HD.. See guys, there is a lot of fun to be had with your fellow forum members on a non-railway meet up.

Story to come soon ;)

jdjonnay

Worked sat and sun til about 5:30 on each day (All I do is sit on the gate to a carpark at the beach, soak up the sun and take £3 off each car - and get paid waaay too much for doing so IMO :lol: ), then got wasted saturday night and lost my car, got home at 4am back up at 8:30 for work, phoned around and found where I'd abandoned the car (unlocked with the keys in the door still), sat around watching DVDs til 1am then went bed, college monday, went scrapyard in a free period and blew £10 on a little piece of plastic bumper, and now I'm sat here typing this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.