• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What camera/cameras do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kestrel

yep very important to look at what lenses are available and more importantly the price of them;)

For general railway photography you'll need a good general lens something like a 17-70mm 2.8 sigma or the 17-85mm canon both offer good coverage for lineside or station wk.
A wide angle lens is good too as you can get close to your subject ie gala days when lots of bods around! something like a 10-20mm

A long telephoto can be usefull too, something like a 70-200/300 would do but you'd prob find yourself not using it much.

i'd avoid super telephoto lens like the 18-200 or 18-250 type lens as they're not really good at either end of the spectrum.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jonb

Established Member
Just purchased a Nikon D300 and a 18 - 200 image stabilising lens.

My Dad's inherited my old D70s was a brilliant camera though!

Sir_Clagalot

Canon EOS 400D with both the supplied 18-55 lens and a 90-300 lens.
Nikon Coolpix 4200
Sony Ericsson K800!
The phone cam is always in the pocket, the coolpix in my work bag and the Canon goes to shows/depot wanders/family occasions

BJMorley

Current: Kodak EasyShare C613
Looking at: Canon EOS 450D and Sony Alpha200
Brandon

Mr Alex

Um..
Sony Alpha 100
Nikon F55
Sony Ericsson K880i (Only for videos though!)
Haven't really looked at a replacement, need to do csome window shopping and get some advice and tips if I do decide to get a replacement for my 1 year old Sony Alpha
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.