• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What camera do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ

Established Member
I couldn't find one of these threads using the search, so I'm interested to see what everyone else has :) What do you have and what do you rank yourself as? I would like to say, but I guess that it's one of those things which others rate you for.

I have a Sony DSC - S600. That heap of junk I had before has taught me NEVER to opt for a no name brand electrical product ever again!

DSC-S600_IM.jpg

Key features;

6.0 Effective Megapixels
Carl Zeiss® Vario-Tessar® lens
3x Optical Zoom, up to 13x Smart Zoom, 6x Precision Digital Zoom
"Anti-blur" ISO1000 High Sensitivity
Strong Flash 7.0m (Wide end)
31-93mm (35mm conversion)
16:9 Mode for Wide Screen TV
Internal Memory 32MB
Auto Macro
MPEG VX Fine with Audio
AF Illuminator
Histogram Indication
Scene Selection Mode
PictBridge Compatible

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ChrisM

Currently a Fuji S5600 which i'm just starting to get to grips with.
Previous cameras include Fuji F10 and Kodak DX 6340.

Probably move upto a real DSLR in about 18 months time.
product1.jpg

richa2002

Established Member
Fuji Finpix S5100 (The same as the S5500)
s5100back_lg.jpg

Basic Spec:
4.0 Megapixel
10x Optical Zoom
Movie Mode = 640x480 30FPS (Which is fantastic :D)

richa2002

Established Member
That's quite a small camera for the sort of photos it produces!

devon_metro

Established Member
B0002XNT76.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Fuji Fine Pix E550

12 Mega Pixles if you know how to set it ;)
4x Optical Zoom

What a website says:

Basic Features
  • 6.3-megapixel Super CCD HR delivering image resolutions as high as 4048 x 3040 pixels (Slightly (but not dramatically) more detail than from a conventional 6.3 megapixel chip).
  • Real-image optical viewfinder.
  • 2.0-inch color, low temperature polysilicon TFT LCD monitor.
  • 4x Fujinon 32.5-130mm zoom lens, with f/2.8 maximum aperture.
  • Auto and Manual focus options, plus an adjustable AF area.
  • Digital zoom of up to 6.3x, depending on quality setting.
  • Program AE, Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, Manual, Movie, and four Scene Program exposure modes.
  • Adjustable white balance with eight settings, including a manual option.
  • Adjustable ISO setting with Auto (80 to 640), 80, 100, 200, 400, and 800 equivalents.
  • Shutter speeds from 1/2,000 to three seconds.
  • Multi, Spot, and Average metering modes.
  • Built-in flash with six modes.
  • xD-Picture Card storage (16MB card included).
  • JPEG and CCD RAW image formats.
  • Power supplied by two rechargeable NiMH batteries.
  • Interface software and USB drivers included for Windows and Macintosh computers.
  • Picture Cradle adapter included for optional cradle for connecting to a computer and for in-camera battery charging.
Special Features
  • Movie (with sound) and Voice recording modes.
  • Top 4 Frame, and Final 4 Frame continuous shooting modes.
  • Auto Exposure Bracketing mode.
  • 10- and two-second Self-Timer modes for delayed shutter release.
  • DPOF (Digital Print Order Format) compatibility.
  • USB cable for connection to a computer (driver software included).
  • Video cable for image playback on a television set.

David

Established Member
Erm....

I'm too embaressed to say what type of camera I have (because it is that bad), but hopefully, I will be getting a new camera in about 6-8 weeks

Techniquest

Veteran Member
HP's cam is a bit bad...I remember what it was like at Carlisle, it wasn't exactly up to the job!

As for me, I've got a Casio QV-R40. 4 million pixels, 3x optical zoom, 3.3x digital zoom. Movie mode, no sound for it, not brilliant quality but does the job on its screen. Had it since December 27, 2003. Over 2 years later, it's still going strong! Taken over 4000 pictures and videos with it now. It certainly is showing signs of falling apart, but it's seen snow, heavy rain, wind, cold, heat and all sorts of weather off. Everyone I knew said 'That thing won't last, get a Kodak one.' 'No, I want a camera that's future-proof.'. Had to borrow a bit of money off my dad to get it, but it's been an absolute gem of a camera! I've tried film cameras too since, and only my mum's SLR is better than it.

I've also got a camcorder, a Sony HC19E. Absolutely AMAZING piece of technology, reproduces my video efforts brilliantly, nothing beats it.

EDIT: It appears we've got some rich people here, judging by the cams other people use! Does make my camera appear less excellent, but it's much more capable than it looks. Indeed, it produced my avatar picture, which I'd expect out of the SLR, not my cam!

16CSVT2700

Established Member
ChrisM said:
Currently a Fuji S5600 which i'm just starting to get to grips with.
Previous cameras include Fuji F10 and Kodak DX 6340.

Probably move upto a real DSLR in about 18 months time.
product1.jpg

Same as me! Previous cameras include Fujifilm Finepix S2 Professional DSLR, Nikon E5000, (those of you who met me at Cardiff on December 4th 2005 would have noticed me lugging BOTH of those around with me :roll: ), Samsung A400 (never again I will use that!) and a couple film SLRs when I was around 12.

Why switch from a DSLR to a compact bridge camera? You ask.. Simple, the S2, brilliant camera which produces superb photos, but it was just too damn big! Plus lugging round an extra camera for videos isn't exactly my cup of tea!

So there you have it, why I changed from a DSLR to a diddy cam like the 5600 ;)

I don't personally have a camera, I use either my Parents Olympus E-300 or E-500's. Mind you, at 8.0 Megapixels a piece, they ain't nice to my computer:(

Andy

47205 said:
I don't personally have a camera, I use either my Parents Olympus E-300 or E-500's. Mind you, at 8.0 Megapixels a piece, they ain't nice to my computer:(

most of the camera are 8 megapixels or more now. you just have to deal with it or turn down the megapixels on the camera

RJ

Established Member
To be honest you don't need more than 6mp unless you are printing pictures bigger than A3.

Status
Not open for further replies.