• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What can I expect to see on Semi-Final Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

dangie

Established Member
Saturday 14th April FA Cup Semi-Finals Everton v Liverpool
I live in Rugeley. What can I expect to see coming through? Will there be quite a bit of loco hauled and special excursions? Any timetables?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MCR247

Established Member
I don't know anything, but at a guess I wouldn't say "quite a bit", the pretendolino will probably get an outing, and maybe an extra 390 if there are any spare?

Bevan Price

Established Member
And a Pullman heading north for the Grand National on the same day.

dangie

Established Member
Thanks
I ask because on the Virgin website it says the number of seats on the Liverpool-London route on Saturday will be doubled providing around 1500 extra seats plus 900 seats on charter excursions. Should be something a bit different I hope.

scoope

A large number of crying Everton Fans passing by on the way back
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Just had a look and you could see up to 5 coal workings during the day if you were there from 9.20 to 3.33 for the Rugeley B Power station

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Well i think if you go home at about 1200 you will get to watch the match on the TV. Liverpool Football Club will play Everton Football Club in the semi final of the The Football Association Challenge Cup at Wembley Stadium :lol::lol:

Train wise some pendos or voyagers will balst through. Perhaps you will be "lucky" and see one of the "new" extendolino trains (what japes!)

You should see 70000 on the Cathedral Express, there may be a pair of 67's on the Olive Branch 2 tour and the pullman service for the grand national

ukrob

Established Member
Only if you go back in time ten years and watch crappy tv shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.