• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What did I see in 1967?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilmc

Having long since thrown away all my spotting books, I did wonder what exactly I saw at York in the summer of 1967 - I recall 70038 Robin Hood passing through on a special, but what did I see on the scrap line?

Looking at a website which covers the final allocation and disposal of every steam engine, I reckon they were:

B1 : 61012/19/21, 61123/89
K1 : 62001/65
Cl 3 : 77002/12

I remember several "namer" B1s underlined and seeing some K1s... should I buy a 1966 "Combine" and re-underline them ... naw, that's going too far!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bevan Price

Established Member
Having long since thrown away all my spotting books, I did wonder what exactly I saw at York in the summer of 1967 - I recall 70038 Robin Hood passing through on a special, but what did I see on the scrap line?

Looking at a website which covers the final allocation and disposal of every steam engine, I reckon they were:

B1 : 61012/19/21, 61123/89
K1 : 62001/65
Cl 3 : 77002/12

I remember several "namer" B1s underlined and seeing some K1s... should I buy a 1966 "Combine" and re-underline them ... naw, that's going too far!

Almost impossible to say with any accuracy. York got visiting locos from many other depots, especially in summer, If you know the date and approximate time, it might be worth viewing old magazines to see if they have any reports of locos seen at York on that day. For example, the RCTS "Railway Observer" used to have periodic lists of stored steam locos at various locations. If a loco appears in two lists on either side of your visit, it is quite probable that you saw that loco. - assuming that they were in locations visible to you....

Status
Not open for further replies.