• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What direct 'covid-19 experiences' have you had/not had

How many of the 4 'covid-19 experiences' (covid-19, self-isolation, test, vaccination) have you had?

• All four

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Three

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • Two

Votes: 28 19.2%
  • One

Votes: 42 28.8%
  • None!

Votes: 52 35.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Journeyman

Established Member
Everything except vaccination. Four weeks of Covid, almost hospitalised me but fortunately I'd had the pneumonia jab last year and that helped avoid the worst case.
I'm sure I came close to hospital as well. It was seriously scary. As someone used to being fit and well, it was an experience I'd never had before, and I was terrified I'd suffer permanent damage.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

zero

I had a cough for 7 days in March 2020 but it was very mild. It may have been covid or something else.

I travelled extensively in England and the European mainland from July 2020 to September 2020 without any testing or isolation. I then took another trip in December 2020 after which a 14-day quarantine was required (reduced to 10 days partway through) but there was no enforcement of this except a text message.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
I had my first Pfizer injection on 13th January and was told at that time that the second one would be in 10/12 weeks time. I had the second Pfizer injection in the first week of April.

I have not had any of the other three items mentioned in the poll at the start of this thread.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
None for me. Although I think everyone in the family apart from me and one of the girls have been tested at some point and a couple of the kids have had to isolate but nothing much. Not been vaccinated either although I did get a text about it yesterday.

Typhoon

Established Member
Had a sore throat and mildish headaches earlier in the year, told my surgery. as I was due for a routine appointment, who insisted I take a PCR test - negative. Had one jab (AZ) last month, felt pretty grim for the next few days.

Didn't mind not attending the surgery as quite a few of the staff have had to self isolate.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Self-isolation and a test in December after several people tested people in the office. And some semi-regular lateral flow tests at the workplace but none positive. Never had the symptoms either.

cuccir

Established Member
Interesting stuff in the vote; contra to my expectation it's only about a third who've had more than one of these experiences. I might have expected it to be somewhat flipped. I expect that in 2 months that is likely to have changed as vaccinations progress!

Tracked

Established Member
Had the first Oxford Jab last week, only side-effects were a sore arm (lasted from Sunday-Wednesday) and several friends telling me I'd feel awful the day after :rolleyes:

scotrail158713

Established Member
Haven't had any of them. I'll take the vaccine when it comes round to me though.

There's been a couple of times I've thought that I'd fancy a couple of weeks having to isolate - although that's been more just fancying a short break from life. Such thoughts are usually followed shortly after by thoughts of everything I'd have to miss though, and that's always been enough for me to be thankful that I've not had to yet. :)

D1537

1 possible case of COVID (March 2020, never confirmed, never will be now)
1 jab (second one the week after next)
3 enforced self-isolations (2 x 14 days, 1 x 10 days)
30-odd lateral flow tests so far
Working in education is fun

londonteacher

1 possible case of COVID (March 2020, never confirmed, never will be now)
1 jab (second one the week after next)
3 enforced self-isolations (2 x 14 days, 1 x 10 days)
30-odd lateral flow tests so far
Working in education is fun
Tell me about it! Education has been the only reason I've had to isolate.

Possible Covid in January 2020 - I was really ill with covid symptoms but at the time no-one knew really what Covid was. Occurred after a trip to the US and Italy.

4 enforced isolations due to positive cases in my class.

God knows how many Lateral flow tests!

Status
Not open for further replies.