• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

What direct 'covid-19 experiences' have you had/not had

How many of the 4 'covid-19 experiences' (covid-19, self-isolation, test, vaccination) have you had?

• All four

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Three

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • Two

Votes: 28 19.2%
  • One

Votes: 42 28.8%
  • None!

Votes: 52 35.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cuccir

Established Member
Just been reflecting on the fact that, as of 12th April 2021, I've had not had one of: covid-19 (to my knowledge); a covid-19 test; a vaccination, and that this must for now put me in an increasingly small minority of the population. I have had a short period of self-isolation, being one of the relatively few people to have received an isolation notification from the NHS app, back in February, as well as a couple of shorter stints while household members have waited on their test results.

Can anyone beat me - are there any of you who've not had any of these yet? I'll leave the poll open for a week to try and get a 'snapshot' of the current time, as I suspect that this'll be the last period in which any chunk of people would answer 0-2, given that vaccination for under-50s and easily available non-symptomatic testing are being rolled out more widely.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NorthOxonian

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
None that I'm aware of, though I wouldn't be surprised if I had an asymptomatic infection, probably in October.

I'm unlikely to get a vaccine for some time (since I'm 22), and I doubt I'll be tested unless we end up with some overbearing health passport system, so I expect to remain at zero for a few months yet.

Domh245

Established Member
No infection that I'm aware of, nor isolation, test or vaccine (yet!). I'm loathe to stick any swabs down my throat or up my nose at this point, having managed 14 months without doing so!

roversfan2001

Established Member
Until this morning - none! Did a lateral flow test this morning that came back negative (obviously). It wasn't particularly pleasant and I don't intend to test myself twice a week for the foreseeable like we're being urged to do, once a week until I run out of tests will do me fine - purely for peace of mind if nothing else.

nlogax

Established Member
Just the first jab here with a second one due sometime in mid to late May. I fully expect to get my first ever tests as part of upcoming international travel.

Huntergreed

Established Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
Had COVID and had to isolate in March 2020.

Had my first Jab exactly a year later in March 2021.

Established Member
Had to isolate with Symptoms in April 2020 but no tests or jabs yet, had to quarantine at home after some travel in September as well.

Journeyman

Established Member
Tested positive after my wife developed symptoms back in October, and within a day or two I was horrifically ill, and it took a month to feel even remotely normal again. For two weeks I had horrible symptoms (breathing difficulties, aches and pains, absolutely raging fever), followed by really serious fatigue for another couple of weeks.

Thankfully I made a full recovery.

I had to self-isolate again recently after a family member tested positive. The rest of us tested negative, and it drove me up the wall with boredom and frustration. I strongly suspect it was a false positive.

I donated plasma as part of a trial of COVID treatments, and my antibodies have been measured. As of last month, I'm still full of them, so not too bothered how long I have to wait for the jab.

102 fan

Nobody in our family has suffered directly from Covid! Even though 3 of us are in essential employment and have been out and about shopping etc. since the whole thing kicked off.

Butts

Veteran Member
Just the first jab here with a second one due sometime in mid to late May. I fully expect to get my first ever tests as part of upcoming international travel.

First Jag for me as well.

Is your International Travel departing from an English Airport if it is quite imminent and vacation related ?

nlogax

Established Member
First Jag for me as well.

Is your International Travel departing from an English Airport if it is quite imminent and vacation related ?
Vacation related but sadly not that imminent - late September and even then only if Canada decides to reopen. May have to bribe that Justin Trudeau fella?

Mintona

Established Member
I have weekly testing for work but none of the others just yet. I don’t know anybody in my personal life who has had the bug.

None of them - unless of course I contracted it asymptomatically at some point. I'm only planning on one of them when my turn comes which given I'm 35 will probably be in the next month or so.

route101

Established Member
Not had a test, not isolated, not had Covid that I'm aware of. It has affected my employment situation however.

Master Cutler

I've had my first AZ jab, two negative COVID tests, and today completed an antibody test and sent the results to U.K. Biobank Research.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
None, unless I had it and was asymptomatic.

Will book a vaccine slot as soon as I can though.

Silver Cobra

So far, I've only knowingly had one of these, which is self-isolation (my father tested positive for COVID back in early January, so my household had to self-isolate; sadly he passed away 10 days later). I may have asymptomatically had COVID, but won't ever know for sure.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Very difficult to say, because like most people believed to have had Covid-19, I was symptomatic in the period where it was not possible to get a test (March - April last year).

Crossover

Established Member
Up until recently it was none, but now done 3 - all bar vaccination. Currently entering day 13 of isolation - initially after a household member had symptoms and was positive, now extended as I also have it. Thankfully symptoms have been mild and it’s mostly an annoying case of no taste or smell currently. Bored of being stuck in, though!

Jonny

Established Member
A few symptoms in March/April 2020 when I was close to a hotspot, but that could have been something else.

I was unwell earlier in 2020, though; perhaps it was already in the UK.

seagull

Everything except vaccination. Four weeks of Covid, almost hospitalised me but fortunately I'd had the pneumonia jab last year and that helped avoid the worst case.

Status
Not open for further replies.